water chiller?

2 minutes ago, InvisibleRasta said:

I havent bought from AliExpress after a fiasco I had with a broken 3d printer, so I would personally buy on a site such as Amazon or even just go to your local pet store that sells aquariums.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Yes. anything cold. (i.e below 10c (think cold water bottle)) will create condensation.

This isn't actually a chiller, it's a big radiator. There is no refrigeration system inside, but you could certainly hook a PC up. I have one just like it for my CO2 laser and I can tell ya it is quite loud.

100% RGB FREE

honestly that doesnt look like a refrigerated unit. Morel ike an all in one ambient cooler & res. Use coiled pipeing instead of a rad aswell. I dont see a compressor in the internal pics. Just a res, pump , pipe coil and fan assembly.

i would avoid it.

if u want a cheap low powered chilelr take a look at what Hailea has to offer.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

7 hours ago, InvisibleRasta said:

nono this has refrigeration, same principle as a fridge

I have the exact same unit on my CO2 laser... it is not refrigerated.

100% RGB FREE

19 minutes ago, caliusoptimus said:

I have the exact same unit on my CO2 laser... it is not refrigerated.

so its actually just a radiator? not refrigerated? does it cool down the water in your co2 laser? how much?

Anything that can cool to below the ambient room temperature can cause condensation.  It doesn't have to be extremely cold if you high dew point.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

What if you use a temperature programmable water cooler and find a small form dehumidifier for your case would that drop the dew point to combat the condensation in your case and on your hardware? Just a thought. This was something i was planning to do in the future. 

By adjusting the temperature and dew point, you can determine the RH. Using the Santa Fe Psychrometric Calculator App, you can change the values of temperature and dew point to what they are in your room (case) to determine what the RH currently is and what you need to get the values of the temperature and dew point to have the RH in the optimum range (https://www.santa-fe-products.com/need-know-relative-humidity-dew-point/)

13 hours ago, Dorobo18jp said:

What if you use a temperature programmable water cooler and find a small form dehumidifier for your case would that drop the dew point to combat the condensation in your case and on your hardware? Just a thought. This was something i was planning to do in the future. 

By adjusting the temperature and dew point, you can determine the RH. Using the Santa Fe Psychrometric Calculator App, you can change the values of temperature and dew point to what they are in your room (case) to determine what the RH currently is and what you need to get the values of the temperature and dew point to have the RH in the optimum range (https://www.santa-fe-products.com/need-know-relative-humidity-dew-point/)

Wont work unless u seal the case.

Even then most mini dehumidifiers are desicant which eventualy saturate, and those that are powered, usualy using a TEC, will still only work down to about 40% humidity.

I've alreayd been through this line of thought when planning my next project, I can save u some time by saying ' just dont, it wont work well'.

If your going to seal a case or build a sealed case for a dehumidifer, u might aswell just skip that and fill the case with a dry inert gas like nitrogen.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |