Xiaomi's new in-display fingerprint sensors

Amazing5249

According to a weibo by president and co-founder Lin Bin, the company is working on a much more advanced implementation of the technology. the new sensor is able to wake and unlock the phone with a single tap. But there not the ONLY company that is developing this technology...

okay, i'll do the grunt work

°clears throat°

Xiomi CEO's has released earlier in the week s video showcasing a new UD sensor on what could be the next Mi device. The sensor is 5 times bigger and faster at reading than the current generation of sensors.

With a surface of 50x25mm the company owner touts it as an unlock from anywhere sensor

Implementation of this new tech will depend on the fan base as stated by the Lin

While the technology looks great and is clearly tested on a phone with a Xiaomi Mi 8 front, Bin says if the innovation has great reception among fans, the company will consider placing the scanner in future devices.

Personal opinion: I'm more of a fps on the back guy, but cool thing to see. it's not really new since it's just the same thing we already had only bigger. but brings cool stuff on the table. I still think qualcomm has the better idea with the ultrasonic 3d scanner, and hopefully we will finally see something this year.

All in all i guess the split has finally happen: Android OEM have all sided with UD fps over facial recognition.

source: https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_ceo_showcases_fingerprint_scanner_over_the_whole_screen-news-35090.php

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>