Planing PC for my girlfriend

ActuallyGoose

So, my girlfriend and I are sick of being unable to play games together due to her having a MacBook, so I've decided to throw together a PC so we can play games together, the thing is, I have a decent amount of old parts, and would really only need a small amount of new parts, I'm just unsure of what exactly would work best.

So the old parts so far is my old Xeon 1231v3 in a gigabyte b85m mobo, with 16gb of ddr3 vengeance ram. I've got a gigabyte r9 390 as well, so that just leaves an SSD, a case, and PSU.

So because those parts are a bit old.. I'm not sure if any of these parts are actually worth saving.

Just wondering if anyone out there can help me with the build.

And as far as a budget and location is concerned, I'm located in Australia, and would prefer to spend around $250-ish on the Case, PSU, and SSD. 

Thank you to anyone that can help me out or give me some tips for this ?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz | GPU:  MSI GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition | Case: NZXT H700i | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Storage:  2TB Samsung SSD + 6TB WD HDD | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB | Mouse: Logitech G604

the GPU is fine (basically a RX 580), the cpu is fine (its basically a i7-4770), and the ram is fine.

As for a case: I'd get the NZXT H500 (or H400 if you want a micro atx tower and want to show off your SSD)

As for a SSD: Crucial MX 500 500GB.

As for a PSU: depending on what you have right now, you might want to keep it. Any good quality PSU made in the last 5 years should be good.

17 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

the GPU is fine (basically a RX 580), the cpu is fine (its basically a i7-4770), and the ram is fine.

As for a case: I'd get the NZXT H500 (or H400 if you want a micro atx tower and want to show off your SSD)

As for a SSD: Crucial MX 500 500GB.

As for a PSU: depending on what you have right now, you might want to keep it. Any good quality PSU made in the last 5 years should be good.

SSD, I think I'm just gonna go with a 120gb WD, just need OS and then a 1gb HDD For games and what-not.
PSU, I will need a new one, As I used the old PSU in my new PC, I was thinking just a 500w 80+ I feel like that should be enough wattage, as the CPU and GPU are non-overclockable.
And as for the case, Assuming they have the H500 in stock, that would work perfectly. So let's hope at least one place has that case in stock

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz | GPU:  MSI GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition | Case: NZXT H700i | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Storage:  2TB Samsung SSD + 6TB WD HDD | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB | Mouse: Logitech G604

1 minute ago, Mufastang said:

SSD, I think I'm just gonna go with a 120gb WD, just need OS and then a 1gb HDD For games and what-not.
PSU, I will need a new one, As I used the old PSU in my new PC, I was thinking just a 500w 80+ I feel like that should be enough wattage, as the CPU and GPU are non-overclockable.
 And as for the case, Assuming they have the H500 in stock, that would work perfectly. So let's hope at least one place has that case in stock

get a 240, the price difference between 120 and 240 is very minimal.

got a bronze 550W psu, as it is quieter and is cheaper for power.

@Firewrath9 So. I ended up buying a thermaltake case that they had, they didn't have any nzxt's in stock and wouldn't be able to get one for a week or two, so she seemed to like this one and we went with it, as for the PSU we went with a thermaltake litepower 550w. 

Probably not the best choices, but regardless, that's how the system is. Should be fine for some light gaming. 

Although after the build. I've run into a little problem. I'm almost positive I've plugged everything in right, but the system flashes on for a second than switches off. Not sure what my problem is... Any ideas? 

Did you try turn it on again? Sometimes a Motherboard does this first not a boot thing. Also, try to only use 1 Ram stick in different slots. Sometimes a Slot is dead or might need to be reseated

20 hours ago, Manderis said:

Did you try turn it on again? Sometimes a Motherboard does this first not a boot thing. Also, try to only use 1 Ram stick in different slots. Sometimes a Slot is dead or might need to be reseated

It was just a stupid mistake, I just forgot to plug the 8 pin into the motherboard. It was a super simple fix that i should have checked