ROG Strix 1070 Backplate Led Problem

lando4commando

Hello,

I just built a system with an Asus ROG Strix 1070 OC. I set it up and downloaded the aura software (The latest version off the forums) so I could control the RGB with my Vengeance RGB RAM. I immediately notice that the Aura software looks more outdated that what it should look like (Screenshot below). When I pick red, orange, or green in the software, the ROG logo on the gpu works fine. But, if I select any other color, like purple, yellow, or blue, the logo lights up as a different color or does not light up at all. The ram and all of the other lights work completely fine. I have also tried the Aura Graphics Card software and I have the same problem. I will post a few pics of what it looks like below. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Landon

Desktop Screenshot 2019.01.15 - 15.21.13.52.png

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

Thought I posted this reply already guess not.

Let me start again.

I have the same card, and am having a very similar issue, like the last picture looks exactly like mine. Though, I don't have RGB ram.

I've cycled through pure R G and B and found that the red and green LEDs are fine, but the blue one is extremely dim/not on.

I am hoping it is software issues, because I was pretty sure my blue led just died or something, but its seems a little coincidental we both have the same issue.

Then again, blue is one of the most colors to set a PC to, it could just have worn out on both of our cards. What color did you have the card set to before the issues?

\

Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.75* RAM: 2 by 8gb G.Skill Flare X 2400 @2666* GPU Strix GTX 1070 @1880-ish

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb; 2x 2tb Seagate Barracuda Drives; 1tb hdd (It died after 4 years :();

Laptop: (HP Stream 11-y010nr "Spent all my money on my Desktop" Edition)

CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 @160 BILLION hertz RAM: 400 BILLION bytes Samsung DDR3L @160 BILLION hertz 

GPUIntel HIGH DEFINITION Graphics @32 BILLION hertz

Storage: 32 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE emmc C drive with 64 TRILLION bytes of SOLID STATE microSD card D drive.

*Overclocked around 25% of the time... questionably stable.