HP Laptop Overheat while sleep

So yesterday I was casually browsing in my office on my HP Laptop and charging it to 100%. Then I unplug and pack my bag to go home and close the lid = sleep. When I got home, I notice that there is some heat coming out of my bag. I immediately unzip the bag and the laptop was so hot and decided to cool it down by air conditioning and fan. After cooling it down, I tried turning on the laptop but there seem to be no power (but I recalled that I charged it full). The only things that I left open was Firefox and Chrome Browser. 

Hence, can I some help me with this troubleshooting and find out what was the problem and how does a browser drain so much battery and release so much heat?

It might not enter sleep mode properly (awake from sleep)

Have you tried hard reset? (Press power button to turn off)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Yeah I used to notice this a lot (especially when I was in school and carried a laptop around more often) that sometimes leaving programs open especially browsers can pull your machine out of sleep or prevent it from going to sleep. 

Also if you have your laptop set to "Do nothing" on lid close while plugged in you might sometimes close the lid while it's still plugged in and then remove the power cable, in that case it will not be asleep as your laptop doesn't check to see if the lid is closed, it just checks the initial lid close action.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

18 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

It might not enter sleep mode properly (awake from sleep)

Have you tried hard reset? (Press power button to turn off)

There was no power when I tried to turn on or turn off so I can't hard reset lmao

16 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Yeah I used to notice this a lot (especially when I was in school and carried a laptop around more often) that sometimes leaving programs open especially browsers can pull your machine out of sleep or prevent it from going to sleep. 

Also if you have your laptop set to "Do nothing" on lid close while plugged in you might sometimes close the lid while it's still plugged in and then remove the power cable, in that case it will not be asleep as your laptop doesn't check to see if the lid is closed, it just checks the initial lid close action.

Oh...wow I didnt realise that! Will check on it and change if necessary. Thanks for the heads up

@Theguywhobea Just checked with my settings. It have already set both plugged in & on battery to sleep when lid is close...

Just now, BCYTECH said:

Hey @GeneXiS_X & @Theguywhobea...Is it normal for Chrome to be utilizing this much? If not, how do I reduce the consumption?

Capture.PNG

Lol, that might even be a little low for Chrome

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

22 minutes ago, BCYTECH said:

There was no power when I tried to turn on or turn off so I can't hard reset lmao

I guess you can turn on now?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 minute ago, GeneXiS_X said:

I guess you can turn on now?

Yes..I'm typing using laptop lol