What do you look for in a realtor/realty company?

NoxiousOdor

This morning I had an informational interview to become a real estate agent and I am looking to get my Real Estate Broker's License soon.

During the meeting one of the things we talked about was how it is important for agents to make themselves known to people around them and kind of build a relationship of sorts from there. That got me thinking, for those of you who have bought or sold properties, what are some things you like to see in a realty company? If there was a particular person you went to or someone who came to you what was it that made you go through the process with them rather than with a different person/company?

This is a pretty open ended question, just looking to hear about your experiences.

Thanks for your input.

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

6 minutes ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

Thanks for your input.

My experience is probably a little different than what you will get from others.

I was in a BNI group (Business Networking International) as their sole computer person.

The group works by having only one of each profession within the group and "letters of reference" (as it were) are made from members to other members, from their client list.

In other words, I'm working on a client's PC and they mention they need a new car. I know a car guy from my BNI group that I trust/like...let me introduce you.

These work very well towards generating sale leads, contacts and money. For the years I was in BNI, I grew the company by a ton, and developed lifelong friends etc.

So, I met my Realtor there, and had nothing but good experiences, because I took the time to know them, before I needed them.

I'm not longer in the BNI group because I changed careers and the group didn't fit my new path, but it's still a valid way to go.

So, that's how I met mine, and still refer them to friends who are in the market, because it's someone I can trust.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

My experience is probably a little different than what you will get from others.

I was in a BNI group (Business Networking International) as their sole computer person.

The group works by having only one of each profession within the group and "letters of reference" (as it were) are made from members to other members, from their client list.

In other words, I'm working on a client's PC and they mention they need a new car. I know a car guy from my BNI group that I trust/like...let me introduce you.

These work very well towards generating sale leads, contacts and money. For the years I was in BNI, I grew the company by a ton, and developed lifelong friends etc.

So, I met my Realtor there, and had nothing but good experiences, because I took the time to know them, before I needed them.

I'm not longer in the BNI group because I changed careers and the group didn't fit my new path, but it's still a valid way to go.

So, that's how I met mine, and still refer them to friends who are in the market, because it's someone I can trust.

That is really awesome. Such a smart way to develop both friendships and professional relationships. Realty agents often have similar relationships to other realty agents that work in locations that are unfamiliar to each other. If you have a client that wants to move out of your most familiar county or out of state, you can get in touch with an agent you know in the desired destination and refer the client to that agent. There is often a referral bonus for doing this, like a thank you for providing the lead.

The Impossibox

WhisperingKnickers

x58 Fan Page

5 minutes ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

There is often a referral bonus for doing this, like a thank you for providing the lead.

Yes. I was skeptical about the BNI group at first, but after showing what I could provide to the group, they really opened up and send more work my way than I knew what to do with. A great time was had by all. It wasn't free to join mind you, but well worth it in the long run. Good luck to you, my father was a realtor for 20+ years and made a fortune in the market. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I've used the same realtor when I bought both of my houses, and honestly didn't really shop around for a realtor at all, probably a mistake but it is what it is. 

Ideally I want someone who's above all else honest and knowledgeable about the specific properties and processes. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

48 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yes. I was skeptical about the BNI group at first, but after showing what I could provide to the group, they really opened up and send more work my way than I knew what to do with. A great time was had by all. It wasn't free to join mind you, but well worth it in the long run. Good luck to you, my father was a realtor for 20+ years and made a fortune in the market. 

I can see how that would very much be worth it, thank you for sharing. I am trying to learn as much as I can. Realty is extremely appealing to me and any bit of information can be helpful for me to try and do my best. I appreciate it.

The Impossibox

WhisperingKnickers

x58 Fan Page

48 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I've used the same realtor when I bought both of my houses, and honestly didn't really shop around for a realtor at all, probably a mistake but it is what it is. 

Ideally I want someone who's above all else honest and knowledgeable about the specific properties and processes. 

Hopefully they did a good enough job. Being honest and knowledgeable about the area you work in seem to be the cornerstones of the realty business. It is nice to see these emphasized. 

The Impossibox