Diagonal keys doesn t work with S letter

lorcav123

Playing PES 2019 on keyboard I noticed that when I press arrow up + arrow right + S letter nothing happens. Every other combination work, even arrow up + arrow left + S - work. I tryed on some online keyboard tester, same situation. So broken keyboard?

If the keys work independently, but not simultaneously, then it's a hardware limitation. Some keys are wired to the same circuit and can't be actuated at the same time.

1 hour ago, badreg said:

If the keys work independently, but not simultaneously, then it's a hardware limitation. Some keys are wired to the same circuit and can't be actuated at the same time.

Seems more like a defect to me, every other combination with S key is working. This will probably be problem with playing racing games or similar.

Noticed that also some other key doesn`t work with arrow up + arrow right combination. Strange. They all work independently.

1 hour ago, lorcav123 said:

Seems more like a defect to me, every other combination with S key is working. This will probably be problem with playing racing games or similar.

Noticed that also some other key doesn`t work with arrow up + arrow right combination. Strange. They all work independently.

Like badreg said, some keys are wired to the same circuit, and pressing a lot of keys from the same circuit.
If you want a keyboard that does not show this behaviour you should get one with the "N-key rollover" feature (or full rollover). It means that all keystrokes are registered independently.

22 hours ago, Pyramiden said:

Like badreg said, some keys are wired to the same circuit, and pressing a lot of keys from the same circuit.
If you want a keyboard that does not show this behaviour you should get one with the "N-key rollover" feature (or full rollover). It means that all keystrokes are registered independently.

My keyboard on product page has listed:

• Anti-ghosting and up to 6-key rollover technology

Tryed today my friend alomost 10 year old Logitech keyboard and everything is working fine, at least combination of keys I use.

Just now, lorcav123 said:

My keyboard on product page has listed:

• Anti-ghosting and up to 6-key rollover technology

Tryed today my friend alomost 10 year old Logitech keyboard and everything is working fine, at least combination of keys I use.

Specify what keyboard are you using. The name of it would be great.

1 hour ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Specify what keyboard are you using. The name of it would be great.

Speedlink Parthica

16 hours ago, lorcav123 said:

Speedlink Parthica

It is not a great keyboard by any means, I would not be surprised if that feature could be not fully working. 

Edit Some people online face same problem with that keyboard, so you are not alone, you might have to buy a new board. 

Edited by noxdeouroboros
additional info added.

As a lefty who uses arrowkeys i can confirm that pressing uparrow and left or right at the same time will block out some other keys. I don't know if it happens with a nkey rollover supported keyboard too.

11 hours ago, Spuddy0108 said:

As a lefty who uses arrowkeys i can confirm that pressing uparrow and left or right at the same time will block out some other keys. I don't know if it happens with a nkey rollover supported keyboard too.

You alos have this keyboard?

I will ask their support but like I said before I tried that combination with some 10 years old keyboard (some logitech media keyboard, nothing special) and everything works.

This keyboard has partial (?) support for rollover but maybe they meant that on WASD part of keyboard? 

• 2 weeks later...

Speedlink support sent me this:

Unfortunately we have to inform you that you can not change this. Due to the gaming cluster and its anti-ghosting function, this key combination is not possible and unfortunately can not be changed.
However, you could store shortcuts as a macro and store them on the keyboard.