Nvidia freesync driver update

KutuluKid

Anybody got any ideas why I cannot find the g-sync tab in the Nvidia control panel after the new driver download? I'm running a 1060 3gb, I thought Pascal cards we're going to work with this.

it only works on display port, not HDMI. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

30 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

it only works on display port, not HDMI. 

not true. i have a freesync display that only has hdmi, dvi and vga. freesync works fine over hdmi. here's proof:

Knipsel.PNG.74261c5d30a2c600bb4ed6ee3c9b5909.PNG

as you can see, it clearly says HDMI and Radeon FreeSync is on. 

She/Her

41 minutes ago, Techicolors said:

enable freesync in your monitor OSD 

I remember turning it on, but after checking again, it was off. Turned it back on and it's working now. Thanks!

So I have a 1080 TI (EVGA) and the Microboard Ultrawide that Linus reviewed a while back. Before the monoprice one hit. Display Port Check, Reboot Check, Freesync on in OSD check. 

The driver detected it as a freesync display and said "This display has not been validated to be Gsync compatible (or whatever the verbiage was). Checked the enable anyways box.

Launched up a game and black bars everywhere. It literally looked like the worst example of what was on the video from CES that introduced it. It had so many issues that it actually caused freak out on my main LG 32" Gsync display. Then my pc crashed.

I'm not too upset as it just validates my purchase of the new LG (I've had the 32" for about a week or so now". It does leave me hope that the integration between the FreeSync (2) and Gsync technologies grows closer over time. Now that TVs are starting to ship with variable refresh rate and other monitors like Wasabi might be able to give us a glimmer of hope for large displays with VRR/ARR thats ALSO less than $5k. I work for one of the BIGGEST HP partners in my state and even with demo/discounts I still wouldnt pay whatever they're asking for the BFGD

14 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

not true. i have a freesync display that only has hdmi, dvi and vga. freesync works fine over hdmi. here's proof:

Knipsel.PNG.74261c5d30a2c600bb4ed6ee3c9b5909.PNG

as you can see, it clearly says HDMI and Radeon FreeSync is on. 

AMD allows Freesync over HDMI, Nvidia does NOT allow G-sync over HDMI. You are still using G-Sync in Nvidias eyes so DP is still required. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

8 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

AMD allows Freesync over HDMI, Nvidia does NOT allow G-sync over HDMI. You are still using G-Sync in Nvidias eyes so DP is still required. 

OOOHHH that makes sense. of course nvidia would do stupid crap with it xD 

so like how does that work then? it's freesync but not really?

She/Her