PNG edit in bulk

Th3W4ffl3

Hey guys im looking for a programm with wich i can edit multiple png files at once (~1200).

I basicly only need to add a white bar at the same position and size for 1200 times, i figured that there must a faster way than opening 1200 files in paint.

I couldnt really find any piece of software that helps me.

If you have any suggestions, i would appreciate it.

22 minutes ago, Th3W4ffl3 said:

Hey guys im looking for a programm with wich i can edit multiple png files at once (~1200).

I basicly only need to add a white bar at the same position and size for 1200 times, i figured that there must a faster way than opening 1200 files in paint.

Do you have photoshop if yes it's easy you create a macro and do it once then you run the macro on the folder with the image and it will do them all very quickly.

If it's really about just adding a white bar to the image and you know some programming then its maximum 10 lines of codes to do so. For C# its 3 lines for the loop, 1 line to load the image, 1 line to add the white bar, 1 line to save. so it should be 6 lines technically.

Just now, Franck said:

Do you have photoshop if yes it's easy you create a macro and do it once then you run the macro on the folder with the image and it will do them all very quickly.

If it's really about just adding a white bar to the image and you know some programming then its maximum 10 lines of codes to do so. For C# its 3 lines for the loop, 1 line to load the image, 1 line to add the white bar, 1 line to save. so it should be 6 lines technically.

Thank you for the fast answer,

but no i dont have ps or the knowledge for such a script

22 minutes ago, Th3W4ffl3 said:

you could try and automate it with http://www.mouserecorder.com/

make the folder a list, and then record pressing the Menu Key on the keyboard, and open paint and do the stuff (assuming they're all the same resolution?) and then close the program, click on the folder window once, hit the down key on the keyboard so it goes to the next photo, and let it repeat the same steps.

or you could set a default program to open the photo, like GIMP or whatever you want, idk get creative :| 

maybe someone else knows an easier way

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

8 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

you could try and automate it with http://www.mouserecorder.com/

make the folder a list, and then record pressing the Menu Key on the keyboard, and open paint and do the stuff (assuming they're all the same resolution?) and then close the program, click on the folder window once, hit the down key on the keyboard so it goes to the next photo, and let it repeat the same steps.

or you could set a default program to open the photo, like GIMP or whatever you want, idk get creative :| 

maybe someone else knows an easier way

Great Idea ill give it a try , would be faster than if i opened them all by one anyways

Just now, James Evens said:

Write a small program. Should be done within one or two hours.

Well , easier said than done

1 minute ago, Th3W4ffl3 said:

Well , easier said than done

there, 60-70 seconds

var sourceFolder = @"c:\Images";
var outputFolder = @"c:\EditedImages";
foreach (var file in System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(sourceFolder))
{
   var img = Image.FromFile(file);
   var g = Graphics.FromImage(img);
   g.FillRectangle(Brushes.White, new Rectangle(0, 50, img.Width, 40));               
   img.Save(file.Replace(sourceFolder, outputFolder));               
}

3 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Get every file in the folder. Place a white square in the picture. Save it to disk. 

I have 0 experience in programming fyi

1435197613_Image120.png.603fbde5ea55597392b9c91dabc8335d.png

Irfanview should work for that. Create the white bar as a .png, overlay 100%, put the position and then add all files to the batch processing list and point to a folder and process them.

Just now, Zagna said:

1435197613_Image120.png.603fbde5ea55597392b9c91dabc8335d.png

Irfanview should work for that. Create the white bar as a .png, overlay 100%, put the position and then add all files to the batch processing list and point to a folder and process them.

ill give it a try

If you want i compiled a quick window. simply write the folder source and output (must be different). and choose the white bar position with X,Y, Width and Height. if you want a white bar at the top you would want to put as example X = 0, Y = 0, Width = width of the images, Height = amount of pixel high you want.

WindowsFormsApplication2.exe