P106 for Folding@home?

Yay! It works, had to buy a upgrade kit for my old PC so I can turn it into a dedicated rig.

(Nicknamed it "El Cheapo" in reference to this video since it's the same CPU and MB and very similar RAM https://youtu.be/75L8Hrb49A4?t=83 )

Use a Athlon 200GE, Gigabyte A320M-S2H, 4GB HyperX 2666MHz RAM. The rest is still old stuff (Corsair HX520W PSU from my former gaming PC, old case, an old SATA I Maxtor 250GB drive) and the stock cooler of my Ryzen 5 since I don't use it. Runs under Lubuntu 20.04.

For now it only have a P106-90, but I also bought a GTX 1050 Ti I found on ebay (currently I lend this GPU to a friend in the meantime he replace its old one)

Currently sucking around 130W from the wall with the P106-90 running Folding@Home and one core of the CPU running BOINC/WCG at 100% load. (Around 115W with BOINC turned off and only FAH running on GPU)

Not the fanciest rig, by far, but I like its cheapness and its rough look.

It generally gets between 200 and 220k PPD

Folding_Rig.md.png

I plan to slowly upgrade it though.

-Already ordered more ram as I found some for cheap.

-Will put my Ryzen 5 2600 in there once I'll upgrade my gaming PC CPU

-Will put my GTX 1660 in there once I'll upgrade my gaming PC video card

• 2 weeks later...

what the power draw of the card?

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC