software needed

hackgod

PDF to EXCEL?

none to my knowledge.

PDF documents are suppose to be read only.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Yeah, I don't think that's possible.  I've got the paid version of Acrobat at work and it can't do that.  The data is not stored that way.  Even with full Acrobat all you can do is scan the doc using text detection; if it detects text (it won't unless it is crystal clear), then you can copy / paste the text, but it won't convert the data to excel -- you can only copy the data cell-by-cell.

47 minutes ago, Blasteque said:

Yeah, I don't think that's possible.  I've got the paid version of Acrobat at work and it can't do that.  The data is not stored that way.  Even with full Acrobat all you can do is scan the doc using text detection; if it detects text (it won't unless it is crystal clear), then you can copy / paste the text, but it won't convert the data to excel -- you can only copy the data cell-by-cell.

I can second that. I have coded my own PDF from adobe specs (which is free btw) and nothing other than copy paste would be possible or some magical parser you code yourself specially for your document. Your "table" you thin is one can be many paragraph keycode, or many line keycode and the grid can be a pixel stretch, a line object, many rectangle object. Possibilities are endless.

If it has made well, you can just copy things over. SmallPDF has online resources you can use. There's also free, online OCR service, but quality is as what you would expect from that kind of service.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 years later...
On 1/14/2019 at 5:41 PM, Helibert said:

i also thought wtf.. than googled pdf2excel and well look what i found.. not gonna lie i'm suprised xD

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/how-to/pdf-to-excel-xlsx-converter.html

I've used this and problem is it's trash.  

Specifically just trying to convert a bank statement to Excel for work so we can easily code transactions to the corresponding GL accounts and it always spits out garbage.

How can it be this hard all I need is a column for date, description, and amount and it always comes out looking like a child took a machete to the statement and someone scanned the prices back into a spreadsheet.