Used GTX 1080 Ti Benchmark

a_cushin

Hi Guys,

I’m getting a used Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti for USD 600. 

What do you guys think of the benchmark the seller provided?

Any other thing I should ask him?

8983C649-99EF-4E5F-9BBD-D7F11BAA265A.jpeg

With an paired core i7 7700K you would get 23142. The 1080 is good, just a bit lower than the normal because probaly paired with a less of a powerful cpu.

????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.

20-23k should be legit.

make sure he give you return policy like 1-2 days for testing.

temps not higher than 80c, fans speed working.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

4 minutes ago, name1 said:

With an paired core i7 7700K you would get 23142. The 1080 is good, just a bit lower than the normal because probaly paired with a less of a powerful cpu.

That's not true. It depends on which score you're looking at. When you're looking at the Graphics Score then the CPU pretty much doesn't matter.

This test was done with a 2700X which is a lot more powerful than the 7700K, this is why the Physics Score (CPU Score) is so high here.
It's the combined score that might be a tiny bit lower on the Ryzen chip, but it's not affecting the overall score in any meaningful way.

In this case you should be looking at the Graphics Score ONLY which looks okay for a stock 1080Ti, mine when overclocked does over 32K of Graphics score so it seems legit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

23 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

20-23k should be legit.

make sure he give you return policy like 1-2 days for testing.

temps not higher than 80c, fans speed working.

The card is purchased in December 2017. It’s still have 3-year official local distributor warranty until December 2020. Seems no problem then I guess?

23 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

That's not true. It depends on which score you're looking at. When you're looking at the Graphics Score then the CPU pretty much doesn't matter.

This test was done with a 2700X which is a lot more powerful than the 7700K, this is why the Physics Score (CPU Score) is so high here.
It's the combined score that might be a tiny bit lower on the Ryzen chip, but it's not affecting the overall score in any meaningful way.

In this case you should be looking at the Graphics Score ONLY which looks okay for a stock 1080Ti, mine when overclocked does over 32K of Graphics score so it seems legit.

So we can assume it’s legit? I plan to go to his house and tell him to run a few games and benchmark. Anything I should be paying attention too? But again it’s still under official warranty. And he claimed that he use the GPU for personal use as seen in the photos. 

Overall it’s safe to assume it’s a good buy?

5B35A015-2D71-49EF-A3D5-9D1BE5C2232C.jpeg

CA216099-647A-4F49-A504-BAF24B2D226D.jpeg

1D552C55-0A07-4C81-AD49-81A20A538E45.jpeg

E96431CA-A1B9-4D7C-BD81-BB641A24E209.jpeg

2 minutes ago, a_cushin said:

The card is purchased in December 2017. It’s still have 3-year official local distributor warranty until December 2020. Seems no problem then I guess?

So it is still in warranty? Good then.

You can meet the guy in person, what's the trouble?

Have him benchmark the thing in front of you, if the score is good, get it.

Don't worry about durability, you have 2 more years.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

If you can go to his house and see it in person I would most definitely pick it up, as long as it performs and with him allowing that, I can't see why it wouldn't.

Good luck.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 hour ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Oh well that’s a mistake of mine. I was pretty sure that the cpu affects the graphics score.

????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.

2 minutes ago, name1 said:

Oh well that’s a mistake of mine. I was pretty sure that the cpu affects the graphics score.

No, this is exactly why you have 3 scores - Graphics (GPU), Physics (CPU) and Combined (CPU+GPU) - the Physics score in this screenshot is actually quite high considering my overclocked 6700K scores somewhere around 14400 and here the Ryzen 7 2700X does almost 22000 :P It's a multithreaded test though so that's expected.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

6 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

No, this is exactly why you have 3 scores - Graphics (GPU), Physics (CPU) and Combined (CPU+GPU) - the Physics score in this screenshot is actually quite high considering my overclocked 6700K scores somewhere around 14400 and here the Ryzen 7 2700X does almost 22000 :P It's a multithreaded test though so that's expected.

Yeah, but your about me thing is pretty interesting "I'm Morgan Freeman and I am a true Illuminati NoScope Master".