is my gpu dying?

CLJungle

Currently running a MSI 970 4gb card and recently my screen would loose signal, and force restart after would get a display driver failed to start error the past 2 days, ive reformated my pc and got the same error message. all my drivers are up to date.

1 minute ago, CLJungle said:

Currently running a MSI 970 4gb card and recently my screen would loose signal, and force restart after would get a display driver failed to start error the past 2 days, ive reformated my pc and got the same error message. all my drivers are up to date.

Sounds more like an overheating problem. Did you check the temp while gaming?

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

33 minutes ago, CLJungle said:

Is it overclocked?

????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.

the gpu hasnt been overclocked and thr last time it was underload it was around 70° while playing forza 4

2 hours ago, CLJungle said:

the gpu hasnt been overclocked and thr last time it was underload it was around 70° while playing forza 4

Temp is good. What is your psu?

????1... ???? ??? ?????? ???? ????????? ??? ????? ????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ???????? ?? '???, ????, ?????'. ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????????, ?? ??? ???? ????????.

4 hours ago, CLJungle said:

It sounds like either a GPU Temperature problem or a lack of Power coming to your GPU from your Power Supply. If not then yeah your GPU may be dying.

Just a small town Canadian Twitch Streamer with big ambitions.

3 hours ago, CLJungle said:

Did it crash after a while again? Try running furmark at 1080p default settings and view temps and FPS. If you make it to the end provide results. If you want you can record the benchmark outgoing with an external device.

my psu is an evga supernova g3 750w that was bought 2 weeks ago and it doesnt allow me to run any benchmarks because the signal to screen would drop almost almost right after the bios boot screen and im forced to hard restart till it boots back up in "safe mode" where everything goes black and white and all zoomed in. itll load only correctly to destop screen maybe 1 out of 5 times but then quickly drop signal.

1 minute ago, CLJungle said:

my psu is an evga supernova g3 750w that was bought 2 weeks ago and it doesnt allow me to run any benchmarks because the signal to screen would drop almost almost right after the bios boot screen and im forced to hard restart till it boots back up in "safe mode" where everything goes black and white and all zoomed in. itll load only correctly to destop screen maybe 1 out of 5 times but then quickly drop signal.

Intel i5 6700k

gigabyte z270x gaming k5

16gb corsair vengeance rgb 3466mhz

EVGA supernova G3 750w

MSI 970 4G

44 minutes ago, CLJungle said:

Intel i5 6700k

gigabyte z270x gaming k5

16gb corsair vengeance rgb 3466mhz

EVGA supernova G3 750w

MSI 970 4G

50 minutes ago, CLJungle said:

Your psu is good, but at this point I'd say to use your warranty or hop by a local pc hardware store or call 'em to see if they repair graphic cards. 

Just out of curiousity was your old psu modular?  What was the reason for changing it?

There's no chance when you were digging around installing the new one, you knocked the gpu cockeyed or something? Power cables are fully seated?

How long ago did you update the drivers? Have you tried rolling back to the last known good driver? Is the storage for the driver known to be good?

Does the gpu work in another pcie slot? Do you have another rig you can test the gpu in?

Life is a series of compromises which must constantly be reevaluated - My CpuZ

my old psu was a cx 750m, I changed it because i had to take my pc with me but the case and psu were the easily replaced or else it would be the cost of a new build to ship internationaly. Drivers were updated id say 3ish days ago. The ssd where drivers are stored is about 8 months old. i will be checking this afternoon on cabling and no i dont have a spare rig to try it out on.