Dual 1440p Monitor Questions

legendofham

Hey Everyone,

So I'm planning to build a computer for myself using either the Radeon VII or Nvidia RTX 2080. The CPU will probably be 3rd generation Ryzen 7.

I would like to play games at 1440p resolution and I also would like to purchase two new displays to use in a dual monitor setup.

Some titles that I play are rainbow six siege, overwatch, and triple AAA titles like battlefield V and Shadow of Tomb Raider.

Is it a good idea to pair a 144hz monitor with a 60hz one as a secondary monitor to save money or should both monitors be the same refresh rate to avoid problems in Windows?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, legendofham said:

Is it a good idea to pair a 144hz monitor with a 60hz one as a secondary monitor to save money or should both monitors be the same refresh rate to avoid problems in Windows?

Wouldn't the ideal setup be a 144hz as the main, and a 60hz at the second? Also, there shouldn't be any problems in windows with having two different refresh rates. I have a 144hz 1080p and a 60hz 1024p and have no issues. The nvidia control panel is pretty straight forward and there are no issues. I would assume that AMD has a similar configuration; they wouldn't want their consumers to be unhappy.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

17 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well... if you don't play games on the second one, why bother getting a 144?

You have a point; I'm just asking in case there is a weird Windows bug.

13 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Wouldn't the ideal setup be a 144hz as the main, and a 60hz at the second? Also, there shouldn't be any problems in windows with having two different refresh rates. I have a 144hz 1080p and a 60hz 1024p and have no issues. The nvidia control panel is pretty straight forward and there are no issues. I would assume that AMD has a similar configuration; they wouldn't want their consumers to be unhappy.

It would be ideal since there should be a good amount of money saved. 

Anyone know if this is a good monitor for fps gaming: MSI Optix MAG27CQ? I noticed that it is VA so it should be better in picture quality and viewing angles right?

1 minute ago, legendofham said:

Anyone know if this is a good monitor for fps gaming: MSI Optix MAG27CQ? I noticed that it is VA so it should be better in picture quality and viewing angles right?

as far as i know there isn't one...

va is something you like or you don't. ips and va are pretty similar to my sight

2 minutes ago, legendofham said:

You don't have to do 144+144. I think 144+60 is fine, with the 144 as a primary. That monitor is probably fine, but honestly I don't think TN is all that bad. My TN panel's color's aren't that bad, I just had to do a good deal of tweaking (though I don't go for color accuracy, I go for vibrant saturated colors) with nvidia and the monitor itself. I was looking into that monitor before I bought my Asus one, and from what I remember about reviews about MSI monitors in general, is that the customer service is kinda meh. 

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu