9700K problematic boost

OK I know that this matter is widely discussed already but I am at a loss... Got a 9700K yesterday on an Asus ROG Z390 H Gaming with the latest bios version, dated yesterday. With default settings or auto or whatever, the CPU doesn't go beyond 3.9GHz in any Windows situation (gaming, AIDA64 etc). I have tried -almost- anything in BIOS disabled and enabled all the relevant options (asus multicore, 5G OC setting, TPU, C states etc), the only thing that seems to work is disabling SpeedStep and Speed Shift options which allows the CPU to work -constantly though- at 4.6GHz max. 4.9 or 5GHz are out of the question I don't know if there is any way to see these numbers. For starters I only want boost to work as intended and not get the stupid limit of 3.9GHz. Hell, my i7 4790 boosted at 4GHz... Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

Did you enable Turbo boost ?

It should go to 4.6Ghz.

Plus another Boost from the Asus mobo (don't know the name) should get you at 4.9Ghz on all cores.

And in my MSI board there is also a Game mode that goes to 5Ghz.

Did you try any of the above?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

19 minutes ago, iAzriel said:

OK I know that this matter is widely discussed already but I am at a loss... Got a 9700K yesterday on an Asus ROG Z390 H Gaming with the latest bios version, dated yesterday. With default settings or auto or whatever, the CPU doesn't go beyond 3.9GHz in any Windows situation (gaming, AIDA64 etc). I have tried -almost- anything in BIOS disabled and enabled all the relevant options (asus multicore, 5G OC setting, TPU, C states etc), the only thing that seems to work is disabling SpeedStep and Speed Shift options which allows the CPU to work -constantly though- at 4.6GHz max. 4.9 or 5GHz are out of the question I don't know if there is any way to see these numbers. For starters I only want boost to work as intended and not get the stupid limit of 3.9GHz. Hell, my i7 4790 boosted at 4GHz... Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.

Have you tried disabling power limits?

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

Turbo boost in enabled, but it boosts only to 3.9GHz while speedwhatever technology from Intel is enabled. And if I disable them, it goes to 4.6 all the time no matter what. 

I did disable power limits according to a guide I found but still, while speedstep or speed shift were enabled nothing happened... I am thinking of BIOS issue tbh, I have reinstalled it, default settings, but still nothing...

Windows error after all. A clean install solved everything.