A touch of....black ?!

My monitor won't expand to the actual bezel of the monitor. It has a little black space between the monitor bezel and the end of the screen. The resolution appears to be set properly, I don't know why it do dis.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions.

49899320_1124356204412547_9125320244179501056_n.jpg

What monitor is this?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Spenlard said:

suggestions

Might be normal for the monitor...

Not all monitors are edge to edge...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Might be normal for the monitor...

Not all monitors are edge to edge...

It's a sceptre TV. I've had it edge to edge for a year before. But I hooked my setup back up a couple weeks ago, now it's dis way.

It is in 1360 x 768 RN, and that's only on the right side.

Just now, Spenlard said:

It's a sceptre TV. I've had it edge to edge for a year before. But I hooked my setup back up a couple weeks ago, now it's dis way.

It is in 1360 x 768 RN, and that's only on the right side.

The TV might have perimeter settings to change image size. Have you poked around in the menus?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

What monitor is this?

Just some Sceptre TV I have sitting on my dresser. I have 2 other monitors on the desk, so it's monitor '1' technically. With 2 being my primary. it's resolution is 1360 x 768

1 minute ago, Spenlard said:

only on the right side.

Is the left side normal, or pushed too far to the left? Perhaps a position adjustment (settings in the TV) is in order?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Is the left side normal, or pushed too far to the left? Perhaps a position adjustment (settings in the TV) is in order?

The left side was entirely normal. I just moved it, so now it's pushed over on the right side. And the left side has the black space now. 

That is better, since it's 1 out of 2 monitors. So at least I can scroll right over from 1 to 2 without this weird black chunk to compensate for. However, I'd really like to find a more permanent solution. 

2 minutes ago, Spenlard said:

The left side was entirely normal. I just moved it, so now it's pushed over on the right side. And the left side has the black space now. 

That is better, since it's 1 out of 2 monitors. So at least I can scroll right over from 1 to 2 without this weird black chunk to compensate for. However, I'd really like to find a more permanent solution. 

If you are using it as a 2nd monitor, are you sure Windows is seeing it at the right resolution?

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

If you are using it as a 2nd monitor, are you sure Windows is seeing it at the right resolution?

Its number 1, of 3. Windows is viewing it at 1360 x 768, which sounds pretty right. Also- I have no other possible options to switch to. Well.. I tried 1280 x 720, and it looked exactly the same. Which seemed odd to me tbh. 

1 minute ago, Spenlard said:

Its number 1, of 3. Windows is viewing it at 1360 x 768, which sounds pretty right. Also- I have no other possible options to switch to. Well.. I tried 1280 x 720, and it looked exactly the same. Which seemed odd to me tbh. 

Sounds like perhaps your video card can't push the resolution needed to make it edge to edge. Or it doesn't know what the native resolution of the TV is, and so defaults to a safe one.

What is the model number of the TV?

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sounds like perhaps your video card can't push the resolution needed to make it edge to edge. Or it doesn't know what the native resolution of the TV is, and so defaults to a safe one.

What is the model number of the TV?

Sceptre E32. I have a 570 8GB. So it shoullllld be no problem. It's hooked up with VGA cables then goes through a VGA to HDMI adapter.

Edit; before this. I had a 2GB R7 370 running all 3 seamlessly. 

8 minutes ago, Spenlard said:

Sceptre E32. I have a 570 8GB. So it shoullllld be no problem. It's hooked up with VGA cables then goes through a VGA to HDMI adapter.

what happens when you try to set a custom framerate, such as 50 instead of 60?

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

what happens when you try to set a custom framerate, such as 50 instead of 60?

I'm not sure. You mean in game, or? I am unsure on how to do that for general use. I must say I appreciate the assistance. 

2 minutes ago, Spenlard said:

I'm not sure. You mean in game, or? I am unsure on how to do that for general use. I must say I appreciate the assistance. 

You should be able to do so in radeon settings (I'm more familiar with nvidia so you should do a quick search, I at least remember that it wasn't so hard)

Primary PC:

24 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You should be able to do so in radeon settings (I'm more familiar with nvidia so you should do a quick search, I at least remember that it wasn't so hard)

Here's what the radeon settings offers me, as well as the option to 'override' my monitor settings.

[[[[[.png

8 minutes ago, Spenlard said:

Here's what the radeon settings offers me, as well as the option to 'override' my monitor settings.

[[[[[.png

If you can, override the refresh rate to something lower. It might do the trick.

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, Spenlard said:

If I"m reading the monitor specs online correctly, this monitor is 1920x1080, no wonder you have black bars!

19 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If I"m reading the monitor specs online correctly, this monitor is 1920x1080, no wonder you have black bars!

No, I just gave a lazy mans model number, didn't feel like typing the full code. It's native 768 x 1360 :p. 

Here is the exact model. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-X322BV-S-32-Class-LCD-720p-60Hz-HDTV/15739136

So I guess, X322BV-S

52 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

If you can, override the refresh rate to something lower. It might do the trick.

This is what I got from the override menu. I know nothing about doing this sorta thing, is this what I should be looking at to change my refresh rates?

ovveride.png

9 minutes ago, Spenlard said:

This is what I got from the override menu. I know nothing about doing this sorta thing, is this what I should be looking at to change my refresh rates?

ovveride.png

Gah sorry, I don't think I can help quite so much from this point. I have yet to become more intimately familiar with Radeon settings, I do plan on building a playground PC so I ought to install a Radeon GPU to learn the ropes.

Primary PC:

23 minutes ago, Spenlard said:

No, I just gave a lazy mans model number, didn't feel like typing the full code. It's native 768 x 1360 :p. 

That's not the way to ask for help. If you don't give full specs, expect incorrect information from those trying to help you.

Yall just pushed right by the issue... He's running a passive adapter, which will do exactly what his is doing and creating extra "bezels"

Solution: Buy a more expensive active adapter (it will be labeled as such)

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

9 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

That's not the way to ask for help. If you don't give full specs, expect incorrect information from those trying to help you.

I was under the assumption when I said 1360 x 768 people wouldn't think I was that daft to not know the resolution. It's also wall mounted and not worth taking down for the sake of that. Anyways, I really appreciated the help. and.. I fixed my issue. It was actually a problem within the screens menu. Last thing I'd have thought as I never remembered changing it. Either way, huzzah!