Headphones Recommendations

Fyfey96

Hey, 

I'm toying with getting a new headset. I like the look of the Sennheiser GSP 600, They are quite pricey. In general, would you recommend a USB set or a 3.5mm set? I will be using for streaming too but I have a Blue Yeti Mic so Mic isn't really an issue so was thinking about maybe getting something without a Mic. Any recommendations in the £100 - £200 mark would be good thanks!

Just get the GSP 300..it use 3.5mm jack so you can improve the sounds quality even though its already good enough.

The material is all plastic but its pretty solid and the padding is thick enough so the driver wont touch your ear.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

rn i am using the corsair hs 60 and i love it but it will give you fatigue if you use it for long periods of time

pretty sure one of my friends got the razer kraken v2 and he says it is godly and way better than his hyper x cloud 2 

he says he does not feel the weigh of it on his head and that the 7.1 surround in it  ,is the best he tested

10 minutes ago, Fyfey96 said:

Hey, 

I'm toying with getting a new headset. I like the look of the Sennheiser GSP 600, They are quite pricey. In general, would you recommend a USB set or a 3.5mm set? I will be using for streaming too but I have a Blue Yeti Mic so Mic isn't really an issue so was thinking about maybe getting something without a Mic. Any recommendations in the £100 - £200 mark would be good thanks!

Stay away from gaming headsets, the Sennheiser is the exception but if you already have a good mic just buy a GOOD set of headphones.  You need to decide if you want open or closed back and from there people can recommend some products.

A few to start ya off:

Open back:  Sennheiser HD6XX from massdrop

Sennheiser HD598

Closed back: Audio Technica M40X with HM5 Angled Pads NOTE: YOU HAVE TO GET THE PADS WITH THESE HEADPHONES NO EXCEPTIONS 

Status Audio CB-1

Brainwaves HM5

These are all headphones I have tried or owned but there are many options.  Also look into the Beyerdynamics headphones.

Just please do not buy ANYTHING that is marketed as 7.1 or surround sound its all software based and can be applied to any set of headphones. 

Good luck feel free to PM me with any questions.

Cheers.

10 minutes ago, Tz000 said:

Stay away from gaming headsets, the Sennheiser is the exception but if you already have a good mic just buy a GOOD set of headphones.  You need to decide if you want open or closed back and from there people can recommend some products.

A few to start ya off:

Open back:  Sennheiser HD6XX from massdrop

Sennheiser HD598

Closed back: Audio Technica M40X with HM5 Angled Pads NOTE: YOU HAVE TO GET THE PADS WITH THESE HEADPHONES NO EXCEPTIONS 

Status Audio CB-1

Brainwaves HM5

These are all headphones I have tried or owned but there are many options.  Also look into the Beyerdynamics headphones.

Just please do not buy ANYTHING that is marketed as 7.1 or surround sound its all software based and can be applied to any set of headphones. 

Good luck feel free to PM me with any questions.

Cheers.

Thanks for that man. Ill check them out. Open Back vs Closed back whats pros and cons of that?

4 minutes ago, Fyfey96 said:

Thanks for that man. Ill check them out. Open Back vs Closed back whats pros and cons of that?

open back while give you kind of a open stage feel ,would not recommend if  you have a noisy environment as people around you will hear what you are hearing easier and you will also hear them easier

as for closed back that is any normal headphones  

4 minutes ago, Fyfey96 said:

Open Back

Wider soundstage but not necessarily has better imaging..also it allows air to come in preventing your ear from heating up and sweating.

Cons is everyone around can hear what you are listening at

5 minutes ago, Fyfey96 said:

Closed

Narrow soundstage in general although there are closed headset that has a wide soundstage.

The rest is well i am sure you already got it.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore