Asrock

Evilwendie413

Ok https://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68-GS4%20FX%20R2.0/ motherboard 16 gb ram

i have the amd fx processor 6core 

i currently have the 1050 gtx 2gb graphics card..

i want to upgrade to a better graphics card and i have found some online like these 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1060-Armor-V1-OC-6gb-Video-Card-/254054902038?oid=173720881734
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-GeForce-GTX-1070-DUAL-GTX1070-08G-DUAL-OC-8GB-Video-Card/153333507851?epid=27019363312&hash=item23b363a70b:g:FYUAAOSw1hJb9DyU:rk:23:pf:0
etc.. my power supply is 450 so i know i would need to upgrade in power.. 

on these cards it shows you need an 8 pin connector so i guess youd have to buy an attachment from 6 to 8 
2tb HDD

i have windows 10 home

i guess i just need alittle guidance on how to upgrade my gpu.. i feel like i shouldnt just buy one without talking to somebody else and possibly even being told exactly what i need to look for..

i only play world of warcraft but id like to play VR chat and some other little games on the pc.. but my computer is hooked up to my 65 inch 4k tv and my resolution is on 4k 2k

i dont want to buy amonitor and dont plan on it.. so far this card has been fine its just when i encounter lots of fire or pretty much turning on shadow my fps drops from 60 to 20 or even 10 with shadow on

i have no friends who are techie and cant afford to be ripped off by some guy at a local shop
 i will answer any questions just let me know what you think.. i will post my "about "
 amd fx (tm) 6300 six core 3.50 GHz
 16gb
 64bit  
windows 10 home 1803

my price range i wanted to be 200- but if 220 or 240 is fine

what i want to play?  i dont know.. i only play world of warcraft on pc.. i tried playing maplestory 2 but that wouldnt run very good.. i like steam but most games just lag.. like rainbow 6 wouldnt even play over 6 fps

sorry for the long post.. i just dont really know what to add.. if i could be linked exactly the type of 1060 or 1070 to get along with the power supply thatd be awesome.. ones compatible with this motherboard etc

23 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

sorry for the long post.. i just dont really know what to add.. if i could be linked exactly the type of 1060 or 1070 to get along with the power supply thatd be awesome.. ones compatible with this motherboard etc

The problem isn't motherboard compatibility, it's actually your CPU. It's not really powerful enough to max a GTX1060 or faster. I would keep the 1050 until you can upgrade your CPU to a Ryzen setup. A FX 8-core will fry your board, so that's totally out of the question.

This would be a good upgrade path for you that would handle a GTX1070 and faster with ease:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $354.87
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-10 03:22 EST-0500

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

The problem isn't motherboard compatibility, it's actually your CPU. It's not really powerful enough to max a GTX1060 or faster. I would keep the 1050 until you can upgrade your CPU to a Ryzen setup. A FX 8-core will fry your board, so that's totally out of the question.

This would be a good upgrade path for you that would handle a GTX1070 and faster with ease:

Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 

would i really need the other ram sticks if i already have 2? its 2 8gbs aswell 

would upgrading the cpu and motherboard as youve listed increase my fps just by itself?

would i need another power supply for the cpu and motherboard listed?

if i ordered those and put those into the computer could i just start it up like normal or would i need to download programs etc? 

the person who made the computer for me didnt add a CD drive for discs to be used in the computer that area is just completely empty

12 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

would i really need the other ram sticks if i already have 2? its 2 8gbs aswell 

Yes, your board has DDR3, current motherboards have DDR4 which isn't compatible.

would upgrading the cpu and motherboard as youve listed increase my fps just by itself?

A bit, yes.

would i need another power supply for the cpu and motherboard listed?

Not if it's a decent quality power supply from a good brand with a good efficiency rating. You can't run any faster GPUs on your system anyway

if your PSU is crap.

if i ordered those and put those into the computer could i just start it up like normal or would i need to download programs etc? 

the person who made the computer for me didnt add a CD drive for discs to be used in the computer that area is just completely empty

You will likely need to reinstall Windows or at least reactivate your license. Windows installs fine from a USB flash drive.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

i guess the guy i bought this computer from screwed me over.. i paid nearly $800 for it and the only games i can get to work on it is world of warcraft lol..

aside from needing to upgrade everything in the computer "i saved the part picker list though ill definitly need it"

would i be able to get a 1050 ti then? if i could just get enough fps for right now to make it past fires i would be happy.. since i cant use a 1060? 

if i go on youtube and search up the 1050 gtx people are playing games like gta and tomb raider.. when i go on games like that my fps dies?
thats because of my  tv and requires resolution right?

20 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

i guess the guy i bought this computer from screwed me over.. i paid nearly $800 for it and the only games i can get to work on it is world of warcraft lol..

got screwed pretty much the same four and a half years ago. when i figured that out is when i joined this forum -_- got an FX 6300 and a 750TI for €800, in a worse case than i paid for, with a kinda crap PSU and a really bad motherboard. 

i would get the GTX 1060 6GB for now, you will see better performance. You can upgrade to a new platform for less than $300 if you dont feel the need for 16GB of DDR4 and only go for 8GB :

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rvjtQZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rvjtQZ/by_merchant/

Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($55.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $280.77
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-10 04:16 EST-0500

id save up for something like this after you have gotten the GPU if you still dont feel like you are getting ther performance you want. Selling off your current hardware can get you a bit of the way there at least

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

36 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

got screwed pretty much the same four and a half years ago. when i figured that out is when i joined this forum -_- got an FX 6300 and a 750TI for €800, in a worse case than i paid for, with a kinda crap PSU and a really bad motherboard. 

i would get the GTX 1060 6GB for now, you will see better performance. You can upgrade to a new platform for less than $300 if you dont feel the need for 16GB of DDR4 and only go for 8GB :

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rvjtQZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rvjtQZ/by_merchant/

Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($55.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $280.77
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-10 04:16 EST-0500

id save up for something like this after you have gotten the GPU if you still dont feel like you are getting ther performance you want. Selling off your current hardware can get you a bit of the way there at least

thanks! 

could you recommend me a PSU that has all the connectors on it? like for the 4 pin 6 pins and 8 pins etc? im not sure if all that already comes on the computer power supply boxs or not ive never had to buy one

what i have is a logysys or something? its like 450  ive seen some on ebay and stuff for like $30 and found one on newegg for $40 that was a cooler master but it doesnt say if it has those wires

2 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

thanks! 

could you recommend me a PSU that has all the connectors on it? like for the 4 pin 6 pins and 8 pins etc? im not sure if all that already comes on the computer power supply boxs or not ive never had to buy one

what i have is a logysys or something? its like 450  ive seen some on ebay and stuff for like $30 and found one on newegg for $40 that was a cooler master but it doesnt say if it has those wires

id probably recomend getting a CX500 or anything else that is teir 3 or higher here:

you dont want to cheap out on PSUs because cheap ones tend to be explosive and have few or no protections so they can take your entire computer with them and/or start a house fire when they blow

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

On 1/10/2019 at 2:23 AM, NelizMastr said:

hey i had a couple more questions.. why specifically that motherboard? it has low ratings? 
is the ryzen 5 suppose to be like the i5 intel ?

i have no idea about any of these things.. its just when i go on newegg theres abunch of motherboards that cost around the same but with high ratings.. none of them say anything
about which graphics cards they will run etc..

i bought a new power supply and bought a 1060 6gb card from someone online thats new in the box they got it from newegg on black frieday but never used it.. they put tape over
the address newegg sent it to them and put my stuff on it and sent it to me

if you have time to give me more information to go on id really appreciate it im tired of having a expensive computer that barely plays games

On 1/10/2019 at 8:53 AM, Evilwendie413 said:

Ok https://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68-GS4%20FX%20R2.0/ motherboard 16 gb ram

i have the amd fx processor 6core 

i currently have the 1050 gtx 2gb graphics card..

i want to upgrade to a better graphics card and i have found some online like these 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1060-Armor-V1-OC-6gb-Video-Card-/254054902038?oid=173720881734
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-GeForce-GTX-1070-DUAL-GTX1070-08G-DUAL-OC-8GB-Video-Card/153333507851?epid=27019363312&hash=item23b363a70b:g:FYUAAOSw1hJb9DyU:rk:23:pf:0
etc.. my power supply is 450 so i know i would need to upgrade in power.. 

on these cards it shows you need an 8 pin connector so i guess youd have to buy an attachment from 6 to 8 
2tb HDD

i have windows 10 home

i guess i just need alittle guidance on how to upgrade my gpu.. i feel like i shouldnt just buy one without talking to somebody else and possibly even being told exactly what i need to look for..

i only play world of warcraft but id like to play VR chat and some other little games on the pc.. but my computer is hooked up to my 65 inch 4k tv and my resolution is on 4k 2k

i dont want to buy amonitor and dont plan on it.. so far this card has been fine its just when i encounter lots of fire or pretty much turning on shadow my fps drops from 60 to 20 or even 10 with shadow on

i have no friends who are techie and cant afford to be ripped off by some guy at a local shop
 i will answer any questions just let me know what you think.. i will post my "about "
 amd fx (tm) 6300 six core 3.50 GHz
 16gb
 64bit  
windows 10 home 1803

my price range i wanted to be 200- but if 220 or 240 is fine

what i want to play?  i dont know.. i only play world of warcraft on pc.. i tried playing maplestory 2 but that wouldnt run very good.. i like steam but most games just lag.. like rainbow 6 wouldnt even play over 6 fps

Your cpu isnt powerful enough to sufficiently drive a 1060 and prices of those are kinda high atm as well. However considering that you are running at 4k the low fps arent a surprise. If you really want an upgrade id suggest that you get a used 1070 or 1080 or 980ti and then upgrade your cpu later on. This would probably require a psu upgrade but i think you can get it under 300 in total if you do a little digging and wait for deals to show up. In the mean time you can also oc your cpu a little to get some more performance out of it

On 1/15/2019 at 7:01 AM, cashan said:

Your cpu isnt powerful enough to sufficiently drive a 1060 and prices of those are kinda high atm as well. However considering that you are running at 4k the low fps arent a surprise. If you really want an upgrade id suggest that you get a used 1070 or 1080 or 980ti and then upgrade your cpu later on. This would probably require a psu upgrade but i think you can get it under 300 in total if you do a little digging and wait for deals to show up. In the mean time you can also oc your cpu a little to get some more performance out of it

i got a brand new unopened box 1060 6gb asus oc edition card for $130
i dont think the computer could run like battlefield etc without serious upgrades with hundreds of dollars worth of CPU GPU processor etc upgrades and im not doing that just to play world of warcraft.. if it continues to lag now on warcraft ill just sell the computer and go back to playing xbox one x.. 

48 minutes ago, Evilwendie413 said:

i got a brand new unopened box 1060 6gb asus oc edition card for $130
i dont think the computer could run like battlefield etc without serious upgrades with hundreds of dollars worth of CPU GPU processor etc upgrades and im not doing that just to play world of warcraft.. if it continues to lag now on warcraft ill just sell the computer and go back to playing xbox one x.. 

Nice. Try oc:ung your cpu a bit to lower the bottleneck also if it continues to lag you dotn have to run it at full res if you sit a bit away from your tv

23 hours ago, cashan said:

Nice. Try oc:ung your cpu a bit to lower the bottleneck also if it continues to lag you dotn have to run it at full res if you sit a bit away from your tv

i installed the card and got the drivers installed etc etc and its still running the same as it was before.. like i cant even tell the difference .. i still have to use the same settings.. so now i am like nearly $1000 in the drain with this computer and it doesnt wanna work lol

On 1/18/2019 at 9:48 AM, Evilwendie413 said:

i installed the card and got the drivers installed etc etc and its still running the same as it was before.. like i cant even tell the difference .. i still have to use the same settings.. so now i am like nearly $1000 in the drain with this computer and it doesnt wanna work lol

look at cpu/gpu usage

On 1/19/2019 at 3:28 PM, cashan said:

look at cpu/gpu usage

gpu is like 4% and cpu is 10-20% because of the anti virus

21 hours ago, Evilwendie413 said:

gpu is like 4% and cpu is 10-20% because of the anti virus

i meant like during he game