AMD Such disappointment,

Galion

My uncle and I shut down early for this? 

AMD's Ryzen 3 wasn't even a featured properly and nothing about navi. 

Showing thr half assed ryzen 3, 8 core 16thread that wasn't finished doesn't mean sqat and they didn't explain if it was a R5 or R7 model, that could have been the highest end for all we know. 

Vega 2 aka radeon 7 congrats on matching the rtx2080 now where's my navi architecture gpu ppl I want something like the 3080 for my 1440p at a reasonable price point. 

Such disappointment, at least show us the ryzen line up so ppl can feel a little satisfaction, but no proper announcements. 

Well they wasted their 1 chance to make Intel shit their pants at CES this year. 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

10 minutes ago, Galion said:

Showing thr half assed ryzen 3, 8 core 16thread that wasn't finished doesn't mean sqat and they didn't explain if it was a R5 or R7 model, that could have been the highest end for all we know. 

Vega 2 aka radeon 7 congrats on matching the rtx2080 now where's my navi architecture gpu ppl I want something like the 3080 for my 1440p at a reasonable price point. 

Such disappointment, at least show us the ryzen line up so ppl can feel a little satisfaction, but no proper announcements. 

Well they wasted their 1 chance to make Intel shit their pants at CES this year. 

Dont worry, Itll be mid year when they show it, Though "It performed well"

✨FNIGE✨

I don’t think anyone was suprised at least reviewers (people in the know) definitely weren’t .

i heard several say multiple times . Hey guys don’t expect to get anything at CES except confirmation Zen 2 exists and especially don’t expect consumer facing products for sale till mid year....

theN suddenly HYPE TRAIN HPYE TRAIN ZEN SEVEN NM WILL BE THE BESTESTEST WE HAVE EVER SEEN 16 CORE 5GHZZZZZZZ SHUT UP SHILLZ ITS GOMMA HAPPEN AND I GONNA GET MINE LAUNCH DAY IN JANUARY OR FEBRUARY WHEN ITS FOR SALE. 

Not saying it won’t be big step forward and I’m actually looking forward with tentative plans to try and see how November deals look if it comes out strong but I’d say we shouldn’t expect more than 4.5-4.7 boost clock at the very most with whatever they want to call XFR 3.0.

I think we should expect ~6700K maybe 7700K levels of single thread performance. Obviously that’ll kick ass if we get 12 core on desktop platform with that kind of performance but definitely don’t expect them to be caught up to intel. I think that’s fair since it would be around 10-15% jump in perf. Which is more than intel has been able to muster.....

23 minutes ago, Galion said:

TBH, it's not like we can reasonably expect the leaked cpus to be starting to sell right when they announce it at CES(from what I remember, they released the 1000 ryzen series procedurally) While i do believe it is still possible for Ryzen to meet the leaked expectations from adored tv(especially with that tdp they showed at CES), i don't believe it is 100% correct.

That being said, i'm waiting for mid 2019 to upgrade my i5 4690k(it's bottlenecking my rtx 2070), whenever that is.

Damn....

8 minutes ago, Galion said:

the demo cpu must be the best completed amd has to offer right now from the following points, no matter r5 /r7

- Amd must get the best to compare with 9900k, imagine it has a 12c24t, why not demonstrate it and smash intel miles ahead?

- If I were amd any dont have time to finish all series for demo, ie R3/ 5/ 7 and only forced to get one ready, I would pick developing r7 first.

- if any cpu more than 8c is planned in zen, that would already be an amazing news, BUT.... no we didnt hear that

looks to me that is the new r7 ~ still 8c16 @4.5ghz

16 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Oh no, AMD didn't meet all the unrealistic rumors that less reputable sources "leaked"

I mean those can still very well be true, its just that it takes time to get these things ready. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I mean those can still very well be true, its just that it takes time to get these things ready. 

Well, yes, but I still have serious doubts.

:)

5 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

looks to me that is the new r7 ~ still 8c16 @4.5ghz

I’m inclined to agree I think XFR to 4.5/4.7 is what we should expect with very high end setups getting very close to 4.8-5.0 with lots and lots of water cooling and voltage .

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Well, yes, but I still have serious doubts.

Idk, the chiplet design and interviews from people at AMD really are pointing to those leaked tables to be true. Prices and clock speeds might change, but I think the rumors are true. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Anyway, nice post. Great analysis. 

Its a shame AMD was not able to appease the whim of every armchair enthusiast on the internet. 

I didn't expect any groundbreaking release today and thus was not disappointed.  I liked the slide that showed radeon 7 keeping up with and in certain scenarios beating the rtx 2080 with a msrp $200 lower.  Efficiency improvements with 7 nm will get clocks up to compete with intel.  I can wait a few more months.

16 minutes ago, JustAnotherTechGuy99 said:

Hey Galion,

I am currently using an Intel-bases system however, i am keenly watching AMD because my next build will more than likely be a Ryzen-based system. Now, sure i agree AMD did not show an AMAZING GPU, but think of their situation. They must compete with Intel and NVIDIA the two powerhouses with strong monopolies on the computing world with more customers.

AMD knows they need to not only research new proprietary technology, (so they can copyright it to fight against more advanced proprietary technology from their main competitors), build it, test it, refine it, market it and sell it while hoping for the best. It is very easy to say 'They half-assed the job' but i do not believe that is the case. If they wait too long to release a new product, (in comparison to their competitors') customers and stakeholders will complain and become fearful, if they release a product that is equal or at the very least new, it might anger some people, but a company is a company and they need money for future products.

AMD has always been the underdog, but Ryzen and Threadripper gave sharpened their teeth. Remember AMD literally started their company by building a CPU from a photograph of one of Intel's chips. If you are not happy with what they made then do not buy it. Or do, since they ironically need the money for more research and development to make better products.

Essentially my point is.. no company makes the BEST product(s) every year.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

JTAG

Post Script,

AMD most certainly make Intel crap their pants. After Threadripper Intel literally started to bump up their core count immensely after years of ignoring it. That is a classic example of a disruptive technology (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disruptive_innovation).

Thanks 

And sweet to see intel get spooked by someone they never saw as a same class competitor. 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570)