Any good desk ideas for an awful room layout?

ENunn

Ok so I remodeled my room in June of 2017 so I could actually have somewhat of a desk for my laptop.

The problem is is that my "desk" is just wood stacked onto four 20 gallon storage containers. I'm not joking.

284566322_DwctYk-WwAAWaGW.jpglarge.thumb.jpg.1cc67fb9a3de7737c312ec7eabd6cc7c.jpg

I probably have one of the most ghetto setups anywhere I swear ????????

and my room is so cramped and stuff that I barely have any room between my chair and my bed. here's a general idea of what the length of the desk area is.

room-1.png.4e4724469e2c320f031e97a097dc3faa.png

Any ideas for a new desk that's actually good?

Here's how I might arrange the space. It's hard to say how viable it is with the lacking dimensions provided, but as long as the bed actually fits the way pictured, and there isn't an electric heater on that wall, it should work.

QCYzzXb.png

If this doesn't work, I'd suggest flipping the locations of the bed and the desk, providing at least a little more space for the chair (at the door's end), and allowing maximum length for the desk. Even if the door opens inside your room, it doesn't actually need to open all the way to be perfectly usable.

And finally, if all my other suggestions fail, the third suggestion is to put the desk against the wall with the window. Fifty inches is plenty wide, added depth brings a ton of extra comfort, and you can increase storage space by having a shelf or something next to the drawers, roughly where your current desk is located.

Also, you should consider posting your setup in r/shittybattlestations, if you haven't done so already. ?

Edit/ And if better layout isn't what you want, you could just buy feet for your current desk from IKEA. $10 should get you a full set with screws.

Build your own. Take a trip to IKEA with somebody who has a van, truck, or SUV and pick up all of the parts separately (desktop, legs, drawers, shelves, storage, etc...) and you'll be able to fit a lot in such a little space. IKEA is nice because you can utilize every foot for something.

-KuJoe

First off, Jesus is that bad. U are literally stepping on cables everytime u use your PC. Much pitty to u mate.

Second are those 4 storage containers seriously just sitting there rather then u know being used to store shit?? If so ummm thats a waste, just wanted to mention that they could be used for literally anything else. 

Third:  If your setup is meant to be temporary then I get why its like this. But u can easily get a used desk off Facebook or Craigslist. I got one for free all I had to do was go and pick it up. So i'd say look into that. Until u find a permanent place for your PC. 

holy cable Monster.PNG

You expect me to reply then you'd best QUOTE me so I can........thanks

Simple PC Parts list to reference for other Users:

Case: Meshify C

CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.8

Mobo: ASRock AB350 Pro4

Ram: 2 x 8gb (Corsair RGB Pro)

GPU: XFX RX 580 8gb - Clocks: Core @1386mhz, memory @2000mhz

Storage:

Boot drive - 120gb NVME Corsair MP500

Main Storage drive - 500gb 860 EVO

Archival/Backup drive - 2TB Black WD

Mouse: Logi M570 for work, and a G502 for gaming

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650 80+ Gold

OS: And of course Win 10 Pro, because Linux ain't fully baked yet.

Monitors: (27in monitors)

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz