Very high boot temps

Can anyone explain my boot temps? I mean 71c with 1.28vcore and a corsair h115i pro cooler? 

I have checked the thermal paste 2 times, the spread is always fine. But i still get theese big spikes. I dont mean 71c is a big spike, but with a 280mm aio and only 1.28vcore its a high spike. When i play games the temps dont go over 68c.

boot temps.png

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

Did you check if the fans are spinning and that the pump is running?

Yes they are, you can also see that in hwinfo, fan and pump are running

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

Also you can see the liquid temp is only 33.5c

If the thermal paste application is fine and the pump & fans are spinning and while gaming temps are good then I can only say that either a mis-reading, faulty CPU, or even if it's not that it can probably be safely ignored. One of my servers the CPUs will randomly spike over 90°C and calm back does all in under 5 seconds thermodynamics don't work like that.

If you start overclocking and it goes even higher like hitting TJmax then you'll want to consider RMA if that's still an option.

Might the TIM have cracked? ?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Just now, Jonas_2909 said:

Might the TIM have cracked? ?

You mean the thermal material thats under the heat spreader?

17 hours ago, T0MMEN said:

You mean the thermal material thats under the heat spreader?

Yes, I guess that might be a reason for it getting so hot so fast, too...?

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Might also be that your CPU heatspreader of the AIO is not completely flat?

You can do a quick check with a metal rules and see if the surfaces are flat.

Otherwise you may need to 'lap' the cpu or the AIO...

Is this a new build?  New CPU, new Cooler ? 

Or did you just install a new cooler onto an existing build?

If yes, what were the temps before???

3 hours ago, Infernoken said:

Might also be that your CPU heatspreader of the AIO is not completely flat?

You can do a quick check with a metal rules and see if the surfaces are flat.

Otherwise you may need to 'lap' the cpu or the AIO...

Is this a new build?  New CPU, new Cooler ? 

Or did you just install a new cooler onto an existing build?

If yes, what were the temps before???

The CPU is not new, its about a year old. The cooler is pretty new. The temps have always been on the high side. Im also thinking about lapping. Or sending it to intel support or what ever its called.