the unsable ram

Caizer

sorry for may bad english ?

hello im from philippines please help me im newbie in desktop and we have a family pc for 2 years its have a 2x2 gb ddr 3 ram same frequency 1333 and i bought a ram at an online shopping site call shopee here in philippines and there's 8 gb ram no brand name on it and I was attracted to the price because its cheap and some days has passed and my order came too and i immediately tried the 8gb ram and i first attach it on ddr3 1 slot and its not working and next ddr3 2 slot no luck but i tried to include my old ddr3 2gb ram 1333mhz and the 2gb ram is on the ddr3 1 slot and the ddr3 2 slot is 8gb ram at last its working but if you switch the 2gb ram to ddr3 2 slot and 8gb ram ddr3 1 slot its not working

the two ddr3 2gb model i have is
kingston
transcend 

this is the motherboard i used
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-F2A68HM-S1-rev-10#ov

and the 8gb ram i bought
https://shopee.ph/8GB-DDR3-PC3-12800-1600MHz-240-Pins-DIMM-Desktop-RAM-For-AMD-i.98802103.1770261902

and advance thank you god bless all

wk.png

popokjjhs.png

bahoogwer.png

ispoki.png

pilay.png

looks like one is 1600 and one is 1333... try clocking them manually to the same speed

9 minutes ago, Caizer said:

how sir ? please teach me

I just try it the stupid way first. enable xmp

probebly not going to work, but worth the try and isn't going to damage anything

quote me next time please

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

I just try it the stupid way first. enable xmp

probebly not going to work, but worth the try and isn't going to damage anything

quote me next time please

there is no xmp enable sir i checked that before

weird... this is listed on the gigabyte website

1. Support for AMD Memory Profile (AMP)/ Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules

any memory profiles you can enable?

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

weird... this is listed on the gigabyte website

any memory profiles you can enable?

ow i already enable that amd memory profile and no luck 
and there's no XMP on the bios

1 minute ago, Caizer said:

ow i already enable that amd memory profile but no luck

okay... next step then... set both the memory clocks the same (667 or 1333 depending on bios settings)

does that help?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

okay... next step then... set both the memory clocks the same (667 or 1333 depending on bios settings)

does that help?

how do i do that sir?

Does the 8gb stick works fine if you remove the 2gb one?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

7 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Does the 8gb stick works fine if you remove the 2gb one?

nope

3 minutes ago, Caizer said:

nope

So the 8GB stick is only detected with the 2GB stick also installed, and you don't get more than 2GB either way?

Sounds like you might have a faulty memory stick there.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, Caizer said:

nope

Okay I have some bad news for you...

This 8gb stick of memory you have bought is actually DDR3L and your motherboard is what we call 'ancient' it was the first AMD chipset to work with DDR3 and sadly that's all it supports: DDR3.

The 8gb stick won't work because it's not "fully compatible" with the lower voltage DDR3L stick, the memory controller just derps.

You can see that watching your CPU-z SS's see the XMP and JEDEC of the 8gb stick lists its voltages as 1.35v when if it was actual DDR3 it should list as 1.5v just like your 2gb stick.

So I am very sorry but there is nothing you can do here.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

So the 8GB stick is only detected with the 2GB stick also installed, and you don't get more than 2GB either way?

Sounds like you might have a faulty memory stick there.

no the 2gb is detected and the 8gb is not

Just now, Caizer said:

no the 2gb is detected and the 8gb is not

Yeah, I'd put my money on a faulty stick.

What happens if you install the 8GB stick without the 2GB stick and try to power on?

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Yeah, I'd put my money on a faulty stick.

What happens if you install the 8GB stick without the 2GB stick and try to power on?

not working

Faulty stick, then.

ok thanks sir i need to refund

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Faulty stick, then.

He does not have a faulty stick at all, you're wrong.

Was it so hard read my reply just above?

Personal Desktop":

ow thanks for the help :) i need to refund this

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

He does not have a faulty stick at all, you're wrong.

Was it so hard read my reply just above?

My bad, didn't see that you edited.