Computer doesn't shut down unless i use PSU switch

LemonSizzle

i just upgraded my PSU yesterday and as of last night i need to shut down my computer using the switch on the back of the PSU because any other method of shutting down, including: the use of the front I/O, as well as the shutdown, restart, hibernate, and sleep functions in windows 10 will result in my front fan speeding up to maximum and starting my computer up again

24 minutes ago, LemonSizzle said:

i just upgraded my PSU yesterday and as of last night i need to shut down my computer using the switch on the back of the PSU because any other method of shutting down, including: the use of the front I/O, as well as the shutdown, restart, hibernate, and sleep functions in windows 10 will result in my front fan speeding up to maximum and starting my computer up again

That's a windows bug. What version of windows are you on? Have you tried turning it off and on again since?

What's the PSU btw?

18 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

That's a windows bug. What version of windows are you on? Have you tried turning it off and on again since?

What's the PSU btw?

i am using windows 10 version 1809, i have turned off my computer multiple times using the non working method and it has not worked, i have shutdown my computer using the PSU switch once since making the post and it did work.

i upgraded from a ZM400-GVN to an EVGA 650GD

I have experienced it before, on multple devices, but restarting it a couple of times fixed it for me. I would check to see if your PC has some updates that need to be installed.

Probably look at this thread

https://win10faq.com/windows-10-wont-shut-fix/

It might be a setting in your bios, so probably clear it if that thread didn't help.