Server Upgrade

Arman Khan

i just joined the forum so I don't know who everything works. but Linus you made a video where you did a server upgrade or something. it said it will be continued. but im so egar to wait for that video. when will you publish it. 

Linus himslef likely won't see this, but forumembers will come and go to speculate. I myself am waiting for the next sleeper build to be complete.

Also, read the forum rules. They're really easy to find.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

@LinusTech does roam the forums from time to time so if you would like him to comment you will need to tag him like I did at the start of my sentence.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

thank well I need to get the hang of this lovely forum thing 

i have one question what do you do as a moderator. becasue for a big YouTube channel it's sounds quite important

let me try again by tagging him @LinusTech i just joined the forum so I don't know who everything works. but Linus you made a video where you did a server upgrade or something. it said it will be continued. but im so egar to wait for that video. when will you publish it. 

@SansVarnic what are you interested in on what Linus does. I myself likw his IT stuff which is what I like and do myself at home.

the forum and the channel are two separate things. the mods are nice, chosen people to lead and correct this community of people. from moving to banning to just reacting like any member.

oh ok then. wow still trying to get used to this forum ??

3 minutes ago, Arman Khan said:

oh ok then. wow still trying to get used to this forum ??

yeah, it takes some time... but in the end it's a nice place to be bored

btw, quoting is also a nice feature that gives me notifications...

Edited by LukeSavenije

nice place to be bored ??. but also doesn't this forum or website run off one of there servers?

3 hours ago, Arman Khan said:

@SansVarnic what are you interested in on what Linus does. I myself likw his IT stuff which is what I like and do myself at home.

I've been a forum member since 2015, following Linus' videos since late 2014. I like most of what he does. I myself dabble in electronic both personally and at work [I am sorta the "IT" guy at work for lack of a real one].

3 hours ago, Arman Khan said:

i have one question what do you do as a moderator. becasue for a big YouTube channel it's sounds quite important

I help enforce the Community Standards and try to do my best to keep things in order.

My position is not a paid one it a voluntarily one, been a mod since October'ish 2017.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

12 hours ago, Arman Khan said:

nice place to be bored ??. but also doesn't this forum or website run off one of there servers?

as far as I know not... that would be way to heavy for them to handle... i know it's invision, but not if they are running on their servers or somewhere else

13 hours ago, Arman Khan said:

Last time I checked the forums run off a dedicated server in a data center, not from the LMG offices.

-KuJoe

2nd part is out on Floatplane, if you really need to see it. Seeing that part 2 came out same day on FP as pt 1 on YT, I'm guessing next Tuesday is date for it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Everything thing is fine and I'm calm. i have been waiting for @LinusTech to upload a video on his Server but looks like he isn't. I'm fine and I'm calm I'm not too bothered by it 

20 hours ago, Arman Khan said:

Everything thing is fine and I'm calm. i have been waiting for @LinusTech to upload a video on his Server but looks like he isn't. I'm fine and I'm calm I'm not too bothered by it 

CES delays videos. And there was another NDA delayed video before CES.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv