Can I combine a SSD and a HDD for faster storage?

Serge6

Hello everyone,

I just got a new NVME SSD for my OS, now I have a 256GB regular SSD left over, I also have a 1TB WD Blue. Can I somehow combine my regular SSD and my HDD to get faster storage?
My regular SSD is too small for all my games and Intel Optane memory isn't an option since I have a 7th gen CPU.

Thanks in advance,
Serge

12 minutes ago, Serge6 said:

Hello everyone,

I just got a new NVME SSD for my OS, now I have a 256GB regular SSD left over, I also have a 1TB WD Blue. Can I somehow combine my regular SSD and my HDD to get faster storage?
My regular SSD is too small for all my games and Intel Optane memory isn't an option since I have a 7th gen CPU.

Thanks in advance,
Serge

you can't combine them together but you can use the leftover 256GB as cache for your 1TB hard drive, there's a program called PrimoCache, it works similar to Optane and StoreMI

i am not responsible if you lose any data, do your own research

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

2 hours ago, syn2112 said:

you can't combine them together but you can use the leftover 256GB as cache for your 1TB hard drive, there's a program called PrimoCache, it works similar to Optane and StoreMI

i am not responsible if you lose any data, do your own research

So if i use my ssd to cache my HDD the games i play frequently are loading faster right

2 hours ago, Serge6 said:

So if i use my ssd to cache my HDD the games i play frequently are loading faster right

Yes, that is the purpose of the software, keep track of what files you frequently use and keep them on the faster SSD.

2 hours ago, Serge6 said:

yes, same way it works with Optane, it caches your most frequent files so they will load faster on your HDD

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.