Did I make a noob mistake?

Timruins

I just recently ordered a cooler master hyper 212 evo black edition, I went to my case manufacturers website to see if it had enough clearance for the cooler only to find no max cooler height only maximum radiator sizes. 

My case has external dimensions of 472mm x 204mm x 477mm. And has support for up to 3 140mm fans in the front, up to 3 140 mm fans up top and 1 120mm in the rear. 

As there's no specifications for air cooler support I measured from the mounting area of the mother board to the inside lip of the case it measures roughly 180mm some were between 180mm and 179mm.

The cooler master hyper 212 black specs state it's exactly 158.8mm from the bottom to the top of heat pipe caps. 

So my question is basically will it fit or more over is my math correct. I have no idea on exactly how high the cpu sits when in the socket but I figure. 179mm - 159mm = 20mm. Subtract 5mm for standoffs, another 5mm for motherboard and cpu, then another 5mm just to be safe. 

Which should leave a giant 5mm or so of clearance between the heat pipes and the side of my case.

Is my math good or am I underestimateing the thickness of a pcb, socket and cpu on standoffs? 

19 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

What case do you have?

Evga dg 7 series i have the bottom of the line 73 but I'm pretty sure their all the same internal dimensions. And yes I know it's not a very good case but it's asceticly pleasing to me and isn't bad on thermals after modifications.

21 minutes ago, Timruins said:

Evga dg 7 series i have the bottom of the line 73 but I'm pretty sure their all the same internal dimensions. And yes I know it's not a very good case but it's asceticly pleasing to me and isn't bad on thermals after modifications.

Man, EVGA does not have the dimensions for the CPU cooler clearance anywhere. EVGA DG-7 series cases all have the same internal dimensions, just have different features between tiers, so I used the DG-77. In this review of the DG-77, they used a Cooler Master MA610P RGP cooler which is about the same size as the EVO 212, which would lead me to believe that it will fit.

19 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Man, EVGA does not have the dimensions for the CPU cooler clearance anywhere. EVGA DG-7 series cases all have the same internal dimensions, just have different features between tiers, so I used the DG-77. In this review of the DG-77, they used a Cooler Master MA610P RGP cooler which is about the same size as the EVO 212, which would lead me to believe that it will fit.

I thank you greatly for taking the time to look as well, I went through the whole line up on their site and I even R.T.F.M that came with the case. Then checked a few 3rd party sellers to see if they provided information to no avail the only site that provided any info on compatibility at all was pc part picker and all they said was it might not be compatible I assume due to no listing by evga for support of tower coolers. 

I assumed it should fit but just barely, looks like there's more than a 1mm above that cooler before the lip of the case so I also assume it should fit. 

5 minutes ago, Timruins said:

I thank you greatly for taking the time to look as well, I went through the whole line up on their site and I even R.T.F.M that came with the case. Then checked a few 3rd party sellers to see if they provided information to no avail the only site that provided any info on compatibility at all was pc part picker and all they said was it might not be compatible I assume due to no listing by evga for support of tower coolers. 

I assumed it should fit but just barely, looks like there's more than a 1mm above that cooler before the lip of the case so I also assume it should fit. 

One thing to note about this case is that it has bad airflow, so if it ends up not fitting (knock on wood), taking the side panel off would help the parts cool.

44 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

One thing to note about this case is that it has bad airflow, so if it ends up not fitting (knock on wood), taking the side panel off would help the parts cool.

I intend on using spacers on the front pannels thumb screws to enlarge the existing vent as well as create a vent down the 3 sealed edges as the front is the only filtered portion of the case.

If it ends up not fitting I will probally do that and keep the case open until I can budget another $150-$170 to get a lian li PC011 Dynamic in black as after hours of looking at new cases on Newegg it's really the only thing that struck my fancy asceticly and had all the features I want in a case. Which would suck as I'm still paying off the parts I just purchased and have yet to start saving for a new gpu.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:03 PM, Dissitesuxba11s said:

It fit perfectly more than enough clearance,  I also improved the airflow in the front of the case with motherboard standoffs for spacers. 

DSC_0112.JPG

DSC_0113.JPG

DSC_0115.JPG

2 minutes ago, Timruins said:

It fit perfectly more than enough clearance,  I also improved the airflow in the front of the case with motherboard standoffs for spacers. 

Looks nice. If you ever find yourself needing cooler clearance dimensions and the manufacturer's site isn't giving you anything, pull up the case's page on PCPartPicker and look at the bottom left for completed builds with that case. You'll be able to see which coolers people have gotten into your case before, and can use the measurements of those coolers to get an idea of whether yours will fit.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Looks nice. If you ever find yourself needing cooler clearance dimensions and the manufacturer's site isn't giving you anything, pull up the case's page on PCPartPicker and look at the bottom left for completed builds with that case. You'll be able to see which coolers people have gotten into your case before, and can use the measurements of those coolers to get an idea of whether yours will fit.

Thanks I think it looks good also as long as you keep the back pannel on. Cable management is not my strong suit and evgas modular cables with the supernova are much less flexible than I expected. 

And I did check pc part picker,  that's why I was worried about clearance pc part picker build tool said it was not compatible with the case and there was only 3 builds in the case 2 were running water. The other was using a smaller cooler with a smaller fan.