$1,000 Prebuilt System Suggestions?

Brethren,

A good friend of mine is in the market for a prebuilt PC for financial work, such as stock trading and whatnot. Graphics rally don't matter much to him, as he doesn't game; however, he wishes to connect three monitors to his system for productivity purposes. I was considering this system [https://www.costco.com/Lenovo-IdeaCentre-720-Desktop---Intel-Core-i7---4GB-NVIDIA-Graphics.product.100405353.html], but it only has one HDMI port.

Any prebuilt suggestions around the $1,000 range, and maybe some monitor suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You,

-W

Thanks for reading! 

I couldn't recommend a prebuilt in good conscience

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It should have more than one display out if it has a regular 1050ti card in there. Computer descriptions aren’t always accurate with brick and mortar stores that don’t specialize in computers. Also I would recommend getting a ssd and not that optane plus hard drive.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

do you mind letting it build or build it yourself (or your friend)? that would give you way better value

I'd like to counter that point. His life could turn into a nightmare building a PC for someone doing fast paced financial work the second something goes wrong. Let the place that holds the warranty deal with it.

1 minute ago, King Poet said:

I'd like to counter that point. His life could turn into a nightmare building a PC for someone doing fast paced financial work the second something goes wrong. Let the place that holds the warranty deal with it.

oh fun. counters... let's meet in the middle then, system builder?

6 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I couldn't recommend a prebuilt in good conscience

Dell Precision lines, the proper ones with Xeon CPUs, are fantastic systems.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

I would suggest the Dell XPS 8930, I myself have the XPS 8910 and I love it.

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-desktop-computers/xps-tower-special-edition/spd/xps-8930-se-desktop/ddcwvmax001h

The Dell XPS 8930 provides a really well system that can be upgraded easily, it has a lot of ports and really goods specs for just underneath $1000.

• 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8400 6-Core Processor (9MB Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)
  • Windows 10 Home 64bit English (Or Pro for only $60 more)
  • 8GB RAM, DDR4 2666MHz
  • 256GB PCIe x4 SSD + 1TB 7200RPM HDD
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050Ti with 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Memory
  • Tray Load DVD-RW Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
  • 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 1x1

When you go to the Dell site you can change out some of the features included, but I really love the Dell XPS series and as a happy customer who has had the earlier generation of this computer for over a year I got nothing but good things to say about it.

This is the 2016 model, the 2018 (current) model has USB C on the front IO as well!

Thank you for the recommendation! This seems fantastic, but it only has 1 HDMI port? I'm not sure if that would be able to support a total of three monitors.

Thanks for reading! 

3 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Hi, the motherboard only has one HDMI port. But the one I linked comes with a Nvidia GeForce 1050 Ti, this card has 3 outputs. But it's not featured in the video.

Towards the bottom of that Dell config page, it states the ports the 1050ti has: "NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5: DisplayPort 1.3 (1.4 Ready), HDMI 2.0, Dual Link DVI-D" - it only shows one port? I also checked online for the card itself and have not found a 4GB 1050ti with more than one HDMI port.

Thanks!

Thanks for reading!