Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My PC crashes if I use the GPU

Jonathan MT
 Share

I bought a RX 580 a few days ago and when I installed it everything looked fine, the lights turn on and the fans as well but there was no HDMI output so I connected the HDMI to the mobo and use DDU to delete all the Intel drivers and then installed the AMD ones but after that the HDMI seems to not be working still, when I connect the HDMI to the GPU it not only doesn't output any signal, my keyboard and mouse lights doesn't turn on at all, then if I connect the HDMI to the mobo it only gets to the ASUS loading screen, then it freezes, the GPU fans does work at this point, I only get to turn on my PC when I disconnect the GPU.

Does anyone know what could be happening?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jonathan MT said:

I bought a RX 580 a few days ago and when I installed it everything looked fine, the lights turn on and the fans as well but there was no HDMI output so I connected the HDMI to the mobo and use DDU to delete all the Intel drivers and then installed the AMD ones but after that the HDMI seems to not be working still, when I connect the HDMI to the GPU it not only doesn't output any signal, my keyboard and mouse lights doesn't turn on at all, then if I connect the HDMI to the mobo it only gets to the ASUS loading screen, then it freezes, the GPU fans does work at this point, I only get to turn on my PC when I disconnect the GPU.

Does anyone know what could be happening?

Use DDU to delete the AMD ones as well, and reinstall your drivers.

I've had an issue with the 2019 Update that AMD pushed out (RX 480). Kept blue screening with some thread stuck in a loop.

EDIT: Was this a USED RX 580? Also, what're your other System specs?

Edited by jman116
Donald Trump

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHZ
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GT 730

Attachcorethingy: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infoholdstick: 4x2GB sticks

Computerarmor: Lenovo Case

Rememberdoogle: 2 250 Gig Drives

AdditionalPylons: Generic 300 Watt

Letterpad: Lenovo

Buttonrodent: Lenovo

Aural Interface: Sony

Liquidrectangles: 1 1600x900 Vizio TV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jman116 said:

Use DDU to delete the AMD ones as well, and reinstall your drivers.

I've had an issue with the 2019 Update that AMD pushed out (RX 480). Kept blue screening with some thread stuck in a loop.

EDIT: Was this a USED RX 580? Also, what're your other System specs?

It was used, the seller has an excellent reputation that's why i decided to go for it, my other specs are:

CPU Intel i5 8400

MOBO Asus B360 Plus

PSU Corsair CX650M

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Jonathan MT said:

It was used, the seller has an excellent reputation that's why i decided to go for it, my other specs are:

CPU Intel i5 8400

MOBO Asus B360 Plus

PSU Corsair CX650M

Try reseating the GPU and the PCIe cables powering it, and also install the AMD drivers. (after using DDU to uninstall all the other drivers)

Outside of that, maybe it was a mining GPU and is toast. Return and try a different seller?

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHZ
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GT 730

Attachcorethingy: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infoholdstick: 4x2GB sticks

Computerarmor: Lenovo Case

Rememberdoogle: 2 250 Gig Drives

AdditionalPylons: Generic 300 Watt

Letterpad: Lenovo

Buttonrodent: Lenovo

Aural Interface: Sony

Liquidrectangles: 1 1600x900 Vizio TV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×