Liquid metal stains on cpu and gpu die

So, the other day my notebook started freezing and buzzing so I had to take it apart only to discover that it was the hdd. Before taking apart my temps were just great 73c max on cpu and 66c max for gpu with lm, cleaning up the old lm with 90% alcohol and applying new lm raised the temps by 7c! Worse than thermal paste, so I tried to add more but still no luck and at the end I removed the lm again and applied thermal paste. The thing that I noticed that the surface of the die of the gpu and cpu is scratched up and has stains on it which doesn't come off with the alcohol, any ideas if it can be removed? Also is this much staining normal in 2 weeks?

[IMG]

don't worry about the stains. they are meaningless.

putting LM on a mobile device is asking for a dead device.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

7 hours ago, knightslugger said:

don't worry about the stains. they are meaningless.

putting LM on a mobile device is asking for a dead device.

I got that, but why is my temps worse now?

4 hours ago, Wardaddy755 said:

I got that, but why is my temps worse now?

Donno, but it's not because of the staining.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

On 1/3/2019 at 9:00 PM, Wardaddy755 said:

So, the other day my notebook started freezing and buzzing so I had to take it apart only to discover that it was the hdd. Before taking apart my temps were just great 73c max on cpu and 66c max for gpu with lm, cleaning up the old lm with 90% alcohol and applying new lm raised the temps by 7c! Worse than thermal paste, so I tried to add more but still no luck and at the end I removed the lm again and applied thermal paste. The thing that I noticed that the surface of the die of the gpu and cpu is scratched up and has stains on it which doesn't come off with the alcohol, any ideas if it can be removed? Also is this much staining normal in 2 weeks?

You can clean liquid metal off by using some isopropyl alcohol with a plastic scouring pad (do not use a metal one), put the isopropyl alcohol on the CPU die and then gently rub with the scouring pad.

With the copper heat sink you can kinda just go to town, cause it's a piece of metal, it's not gonna care.

If isopropyl alcohol doesn't get the liquid metal residue off you can use Arcticlean: https://www.amazon.com/ArctiClean-60ml-Kit-30ml/dp/B0007TOR08

Or this is a bit stronger: https://rockitcool.myshopify.com/products/rockit-cool-cleaning-kit

Pretty sure it’s been said that the metal starts to eat at the defusion barrier, which is what you are referring to when you say die. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz