MicroSoft office

people at my university have said that there is a way to get Microsoft office for free if you sing up with a student email (.edu). i was wondering if anyone knew about it

I have MS Office 365 provided by the school. Look it up at the uni website :)

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

2 minutes ago, CaptPYRO42 said:

people at my university have said that there is a way to get Microsoft office for free if you sing up with a student email (.edu). i was wondering if anyone knew about it

Check with your university IT dept. They will set you on the right path

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, that works differently everywhere. you should ask your school, not us

they were saying it was a thing through microsoft

Just now, CaptPYRO42 said:

they were saying it was a thing through microsoft

ah okay. i have something like that too. i log in with a email:

code@domain from school.nl

and set a password with it. maybe it works like that?

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

ah okay. i have something like that too. i log in with a email:

code@domain from school.nl

and set a password with it. maybe it works like that?

idk the next time i would be able to see our it department is in a few hours. ill check then 

2 minutes ago, CaptPYRO42 said:

idk the next time i would be able to see our it department is in a few hours. ill check then 

good idea. they probably know it better in this case...

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

good idea. they probably know it better in this case...

ok thanks for all the help

One way is to go to https://portal.office.com and log in with your university account, if you have one. 2-3 universities that I have worked with are doing that.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

2 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

One way is to go to https://portal.office.com and log in with your university account, if you have one. 2-3 universities that I have worked with are doing that.

oh ok

Your school should have guide on how to connect your student account to system, agree on terms and so on. After that you can login to Office 365 and download desktop versions of software you school has signed for.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv