Maximus XI Extreme doesnt align with stand offs URGENT HELP

Hi guys,

Im trying to install the Asus Maximus XI Extreme board into a Cooler Master Cosmos C700p case. 

The specs on paper are fine, HOWEVER upon trying to stick the board in, the stand offs do not align with any of the screw holes. 

I legit need help as this will have been a conplete waste of money other wise. DSC_0215.thumb.JPG.e5c3bfbe1a84d6550eed18f43a95c707.JPG

DSC_0216.JPG

Sometimes you need to push the board toward the back a little bit to get the screws to line up.  Check to make sure the I/O shield isn't getting caught on the case opening in the back.  Just make sure you don't scratch anything.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:33 AM, Swarlos said:

Sometimes you need to push the board toward the back a little bit to get the screws to line up.  Check to make sure the I/O shield isn't getting caught on the case opening in the back.  Just make sure you don't scratch anything.

Thanks for that, i did try pushing it against the back a bit, but unfortunately i just stopped in fear of scratching anything, i had to take it toc3rd party to do it, somehow they managed. 

It was a bit of an urgent case for me as parts o ly just came and i go back tp work in a couple of days time so I want to get this build all done and finished becore work

53 minutes ago, Chaoz-Theory said:

Thanks for that, i did try pushing it against the back a bit, but unfortunately i just stopped in fear of scratching anything, i had to take it toc3rd party to do it, somehow they managed. 

It was a bit of an urgent case for me as parts o ly just came and i go back tp work in a couple of days time so I want to get this build all done and finished becore work

The same thing happened to me. Integrated IO shield didn't fit and hence the standoffs didn't align. All I did was get a Dremel and made the hole bigger.