Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weekend away.

Big Boi Lime

So me and my mates are talking about doing a lads weekend away sometime this year but we're not entirely sure where we would want to go? we're from the UK so (for now) EU would be easiest for us, we did talk about Amsterdam for no other reason then to sight see...I swear, but one of us has already done that, so has anyone got any suggestions? 

weekend Away doing what?

any specific things you wanna do? Cons, convetions, museums etc

Nothing specific really, just wanna get away from our crappy lil town for a few days and have a laugh pretty much, obviously would be nice to have something there to do but really just want a nice place where we can chill for a few days really

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

weekend Away doing what?

any specific things you wanna do? Cons, convetions, museums etc

Nothing specific really, just wanna get away from our crappy lil town for a few days and have a laugh pretty much, obviously would be nice to have something there to do but really just want a nice place where we can chill for a few days really.

(forgot to quote on the last one sorry)

10 minutes ago, Big Boi Lime said:

Nothing specific really, just wanna get away from our crappy lil town for a few days and have a laugh pretty much, obviously would be nice to have something there to do but really just want a nice place where we can chill for a few days really.

(forgot to quote on the last one sorry)

Line up with a Con. Say MCM Comicon London or a European equivelent like comicon in Ghent. 

Its a few days of fun, merchandice etc.

Though make shure you do like thatbsort of stuff. 

You also have events like The Gathering which is a weekend during easter of gaming and minor panels. 

I think you can buy hardcore drugs legally & see sex shows in Amsterdam. At least that’s what my cousin did when she went. 

You could go skiing in Switzerland. See some mid 1900s stuff in Germany & Poland. I think there’s an annual counterstrike thing in cologne germany. 

Spain has some cool stuff so I hear like beaches & stuff. 

You can go pewdiepie watching in Sweden if he still lives there (don’t tell me where he actually lives.) 

if you go to America you can rent firearms from some ranges. Notably Las Vegas has a mini gun. 

If you stay in england, the YouTubed lindiebeige or something did this tank battle thing. You drive real tanks and fire paintballs at the other tank in a battle. 

If Egypt is safe, it’s not too far from Europe if you do a small eurotour. (Not far from the mindset of an American perspective. “I live in Massachusetts but I want to DRIVE to florida in 1 shot.” I think they’re crazy too.) 

i guess you guys aren’t into war gaming because England is home to warhammer and warhammer 40,000-the most popular mini war game in the world. It’s expensive but there’s a new version called kill teams that’s much cheaper to get into & imo more fun. 

LTT Fan Fiction:

My new favourite thread:

As mentioned above, it would be nice to align your weekend away with something like a con.

For example Gamescon in Germany (In August I believe), First Look in The Netherlands (September or October I think) are both relatively large gaming conventions. You have a comic con in Belgium and the Netherlands now too I believe.. just depends on what you are your mates interests are.

As someone from the Netherlands, I found Amsterdam incredibly boring to sightsee, but it just depends on what you are used to I think..

Personally I think Delft is smaller and less crowded than Amsterdam and gives a similar experience in terms of sights (just none of the sex and drugs stuff). Rotterdam is near Delft and you can see more of modern Netherlands if you are interested in that.

Also, it would be wise to check whatever country you're going to, if most people can speak English. Although I think people not speaking English is really only a problem somewhat in France and Luxembourg (at least in central/west Europe terms).

Personally I think Denmark also looks quite cool, never been there though so can't judge.. But if I were you, I would at least give it a thought, depending on what you were planning to do.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 hours ago, Big Boi Lime said:

So me and my mates are talking about doing a lads weekend away sometime this year but we're not entirely sure where we would want to go? we're from the UK so (for now) EU would be easiest for us, we did talk about Amsterdam for no other reason then to sight see...I swear, but one of us has already done that, so has anyone got any suggestions? 

amsterdam? i would rather visit Eindhoven...