gtx 1070 or vega 56

GITGAMING
Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,
3 minutes ago, GITGAMING said:

one last thing, do you think i could run it with my current cooler master mwe 500 watt for a couple of weeks before upgrading my psu?

shure, 500 watts is enough. you might have to consider it running with Radeon Chill on if you run into issues. 

just had a look on its spec sheet. it should work fine, you might even consider keeping that and use that instead of upgrading. though i will recommend getting a higher quality unit.

I am looking for suggestions on whether i should get a gtx 1070 or vega 56, I am buying used and they seem to be about a similar price.

this will be running with a ryzen 5 2600x and 8gb of ram, my monitor does support freesync

thanks in advance

1 minute ago, GITGAMING said:

my monitor does support freesync

Then V56 is a clear choice.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

Just now, GITGAMING said:

I am looking for suggestions on whether i should get a gtx 1070 or vega 56, I am buying used and they seem to be about a similar price.

this will be running with a ryzen 5 2600x and 8gb of ram, my monitor does support freesync

thanks in advance

It depends on the 1070 you find at the same money. They are about the same. I would prefer the vega one though in addition that you also have a freesync monitor.

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Vega 56. 

Also keep in mind you will need a high quality PSU

Could you recommend a psu? 

2 minutes ago, GITGAMING said:

Seasomic Focus Plus Gold 650

EVGA supernova G2 650

They are both technically the same unit under different names. The 550 watt is fine aswell. 

tiers 1-3

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

EVGA supernova G2 650

They are both technically the same unit under different names. The 550 watt is fine aswell. 

ok, thanks

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

EVGA supernova G2 650

one last thing, do you think i could run it with my current cooler master mwe 500 watt for a couple of weeks before upgrading my psu?

shure, 500 watts is enough. you might have to consider it running with Radeon Chill on if you run into issues. 

just had a look on its spec sheet. it should work fine, you might even consider keeping that and use that instead of upgrading. though i will recommend getting a higher quality unit.