CSGO 16:10 Resolution

Go to solution Solved by TPMx,

Hey, thanks for trying to help!

16 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

I'll ask my friend who owns that RX 470 and see if I can get him to help. 

I was able to fix my problem, I just needed to restart my computer. Once again, thank you for offering your help, and have a nice day!

Has anyone been able to set up a 16:10 stretched or a 4:3 stretched resolution with an AMD graphics card? While a lot of tutorials exist, all of them haven't worked for me. Any idea what might be my problem?

Edit: What I meant to say was that I'm trying to setup a custom 16:10 resolution. While the native resolutions CSGO supports do work, I am trying to create my own. This has worked for me before, but that was when I had an Nvidia GPU. The same process doesn't seem to work with my current GPU and respective drivers.

Edited by TPMx
Add more details

I don't have an AMD GPU, but unless there's something up with the settings for the GPU then you should just be able to put csgo in fullscreen and then 4:3 so it stretches.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, mxk. said:

I don't have an AMD GPU, but unless there's something up with the settings for the GPU then you should just be able to put csgo in fullscreen and then 4:3 so it stretches.

I think I tried that before, unless you enable some sort of video setting for the GPU even at fullscreen it would have black bars.. I don't remember how but I managed to get 4:3 and 16:10 streched on an RX 470. I remember changing some video setting somewhere though.

3 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Yes this works with native resolutions that CS:GO recognizes. I should have specified that I was trying to use a custom 16:10 resolution.

2 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

I think I tried that before, unless you enable some sort of video setting for the GPU even at fullscreen it would have black bars.. I don't remember how but I managed to get 4:3 and 16:10 streched on an RX 470. I remember changing some video setting somewhere though.

I've gone through about a dozen videos so far, and they've all recommended changing different settings. However, nothing has seemed to work.

1 minute ago, TPMx said:

Yes this works with native resolutions that CS:GO recognizes. I should have specified that I was trying to use a custom 16:10 resolution.

I've gone through about a dozen videos so far, and they've all recommended changing different settings. However, nothing has seemed to work.

Just now, _d0nut said:

Much appreciated.

16 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

I was able to fix my problem, I just needed to restart my computer. Once again, thank you for offering your help, and have a nice day!

Just now, handymanshandle said:

What resolution in particular are you trying to create?

Also, what video connector are you using on your card?

Hey, I was trying to set up 1440x1080. I managed to get it to work with the original settings that I tried, I just needed to restart my computer before they worked (a step that most people skipped on telling during their reviews). Thanks for offering your help, and have a nice day!

1 hour ago, TPMx said:

Cool, have fun playing!