i need to convert my drive to exfat on a mac

NotTheRelaxngEnd

ok at this point i have no idea what mess my computer did on my drive, i need to convert this external hard drive to exfat in order to use it but the problem is, i think it was formated to ntfs, so i try to erase it using disk utility to at least mac os extended and it failed and now my drive is read s full and now im gwtting pop up saying it is not readable and its a mess, can anyone help me?

i currently have no windows pc so im screwed rn, i tried tuxera and paragon but neither worked

8 minutes ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

ok at this point i have no idea what mess my computer did on my drive, i need to convert this external hard drive to exfat in order to use it but the problem is, i think it was formated to ntfs, so i try to erase it using disk utility to at least mac os extended and it failed and now my drive is read s full and now im gwtting pop up saying it is not readable and its a mess, can anyone help me?

i currently have no windows pc so im screwed rn, i tried tuxera and paragon but neither worked

Quick format to FAT or any other format. Then format to exfat in disk utility of course. 

I've run into this problem as well. 

4 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Quick format to FAT or any other format. Then format to exfat in disk utility of course. 

I've run into this problem as well. 

thing is.... i already tried that

1 minute ago, NotTheRelaxngEnd said:

thing is.... i already tried that

welp nvm, already found my other drive and realized i do have a windows pc, its just somewhere im too lazy to go to, but thanks anyways

ill fix this on that other pc later

get a gparted partition editor.

erase everything and redo the format.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

ok, so i got my old intel atom pc and solved the issue in 2 clicks lmao

now its formatted into exfat and to its original capacity but thanks anyways