Wifes build

Senthiele

Looking to build my wife first pc for playing gw2 and other games. I need so ideas on motherboards and GPU. I have pick the cpu to be 2600x amd and going with 8g of 3200 ram. So any help mean alot. I was think of the gigabyte x470 motherboard and the b450 but not real a fan of on broad graphic connection. So that the deal need help

1 minute ago, Senthiele said:

Looking to build my wife first pc for playing gw2 and other games. I need so ideas on motherboards and GPU. I have pick the cpu to be 2600x amd and going with 8g of 3200 ram. So any help mean alot. I was think of the gigabyte x470 motherboard and the b450 but not real a fan of on broad graphic connection. So that the deal need help

A budget would be nice, and I recommend upgrading from 8GB to 16GB of RAM (the days of games running properly on 8GB of RAM are numbered).

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

What kind of budget are we looking at? What do you mean by "broad graphic connection"? Go with an MSI B450, like the Pro Carbon.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

The hook up on the i/o on back of motherboard by the usb connection for hdmi. Do not see the need of it when I be getting video card

Do you care what video card you get? What monitor do you have, is it freesync?

Don't worry about the display ports on the mobo, you just don't use them. All motherboard utilize then except for the high end ones. 

Here's the best freesync build you can get under $1k. If you're only using a 1080p monitor then you would be fine getting an RX 580/590 and if you don't care about freesync you can get a GTX 1070/1070 TI. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

3 minutes ago, Senthiele said:

The hook up on the i/o on back of motherboard by the usb connection for hdmi. Do not see the need of it when I be getting video card

it doesnt work that way..... only works for 2200G &2400G

for ryzen 2600 you must get a graphics card first and use card's !!, otherwise just no monitor signal

12 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Do you care what video card you get? What monitor do you have, is it freesync?

Don't worry about the display ports on the mobo, you just don't use them. All motherboard utilize then except for the high end ones. 

Here's the best freesync build you can get under $1k. If you're only using a 1080p monitor then you would be fine getting an RX 580/590 and if you don't care about freesync you can get a GTX 1070/1070 TI. 

I would rather have a better CPU...

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pPGpnH
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pPGpnH/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($160.98 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H60 (2018) 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($102.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($72.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB GAMING Video Card  ($364.98 @ Newegg Business)
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1000.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-02 22:15 EST-0500

2 minutes ago, lukart said:

I would rather have a better CPU...

The 1700X is not a better processor. Unless you're doing something that needs the two extra cores, there just isn't one reason to choose the 1700X over the 2600.

Not much gaming performance difference but you gain 2 cores for future proof.

Don't you think games will start taking advantage of more cores in the next few years?

Ok was going to use this as my broad MSI - B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard but everyone is sold out so any ideas for replacement