Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

'USB Type C Authentication'

Jacob H.

The USB Type-C Authentication specification defines cryptographic-based authentication for USB Type-C chargers and devices.  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think ?

• I don't like this..
    • I like this.

Source: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190102005063/en/USB-IF-Launches-USB-Type-C™-Authentication-Program

Snippet:

USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF), the support organization for the advancement and adoption of USB technology, today announced the launch of its USB Type-C™ Authentication Program, marking an important milestone for the optional USB security protocol. The USB Type-C Authentication specification defines cryptographic-based authentication for USB Type-C chargers and devices.

I don't like this ... And that also applies to Europe or anyone else on this planet I think ...

Regards,

Jacob

Nothing new. It was clear/published years ago that usb will have this feature. The only news is that they start promoting it.

1 hour ago, Jacob H. said:

Source: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190102005063/en/USB-IF-Launches-USB-Type-C™-Authentication-Program

Snippet:

USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF), the support organization for the advancement and adoption of USB technology, today announced the launch of its USB Type-C™ Authentication Program, marking an important milestone for the optional USB security protocol. The USB Type-C Authentication specification defines cryptographic-based authentication for USB Type-C chargers and devices.

I don't like this ... And that also applies to Europe or anyone else on this planet I think ...

Regards,

Jacob

What exactly does this mean?

10 hours ago, geo3 said:

Potential for abuse. Makes proprietary lockout very easy. Much like Apples T2 chip. You can make "Un-authorized" 3rd party device incompatible with your device. 

ah that makes more sense