Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what cpu is best

Hello, looking to build a new pc for gaming, I got a gtx 970 4gb sc from a friend and was thinking on building a new pc since it wont fit on my dell pc. I currently have a dell optiplex 9010 with a i5 3470 with a gtx 750ti. I was hoping you can help me out, I was thinking on getting the i7 6700k or i7 7700k. I looked at benchmarks and its only a few fps difference. I currently will be playing at 1080p but wont mind going higher if there is a deal, would like to play games on high or ultra high and the games will be counter strike go, elder scrolls online and rainbox six siege, but will like to future proof it possibly have it ready for the new counter strike if it ever comes out and halo or any other triple A games, again this will be run with a gtx 970 4gb sc. 

3 minutes ago, KingEddie said:

Hello, looking to build a new pc for gaming, I got a gtx 970 4gb sc from a friend and was thinking on building a new pc since it wont fit on my dell pc. I currently have a dell optiplex 9010 with a i5 3470 with a gtx 750ti. I was hoping you can help me out, I was thinking on getting the i7 6700k or i7 7700k. I looked at benchmarks and its only a few fps difference. I currently will be playing at 1080p but wont mind going higher if there is a deal, would like to play games on high or ultra high and the games will be counter strike go, elder scrolls online and rainbox six siege, but will like to future proof it possibly have it ready for the new counter strike if it ever comes out and halo or any other triple A games, again this will be run with a gtx 970 4gb sc. 

6700k and 7700k are the same exact chip. Only difference is they clocked the 7700k @ 4.5 ghz stock and the 6700k is @ 4.2 stock

Just get the 6700k if you can save money, as you can OC it to 4.5 ghz easily or get the 7700k if you want to overclock it to 5 ghz (maybe) as they have a bit more room for OC than the 6700k

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

Intel 6th and 7th gen is a complete waste of money unless you can find some really incredible deal.

Yep.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

Those are older chips. 4 cores isnt where its at anymore

And r5 2600 will suit you well.

Also recommend waiting untill after CES. Rumoured product announchments/teasers and we will have more info to guide your purchasing desisions

Thanks for the info guys, Not a big AMD guy was looking just for intel, Also what mother boards are good for those chips, so far the 6700k sounds like the best deal

3 minutes ago, KingEddie said:

Thanks for the info guys, Not a big AMD guy was looking just for intel, Also what mother boards are good for those chips, so far the 6700k sounds like the best deal

a z170 or z270 with at the very least vrm shielding. amd has changed a lot. they aren't spaceheaters like the fx anymore, and cost way less because of the 14nm shortage at intel

2 hours ago, KingEddie said:

With 6700k get a z170

from asus or gigabyte or whatever you like..

z170-a is fine from asus and doesnt cost too much :)