Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cant connect to a specific set of webpages unless i use a vpn or a phone on the same wifi network ?

Splatacake
 Share

so i cant connect to anything from nexon.net 

 

i can connect if i use my phone with only wifi enabled 

 

if i set my pc or my xbox or my brotehr in laws pc to the same wifi network as my phone they cant access the webpage 

 

if i set my pc to use a vpn i can

 

 

im not ip banned because i can sign into my account on the website just fine 

 

 

if i connect the website or the game the website host and turn the vpn off i lose connection 

 

 

ive tried resetting and factory resetting the modem and even unplugging it entirely for 5 minutes

 

ive tried flushing the dns

 

ive tried changing the dns to google

 

 

 

ive contacted the isp but i don have access to the account used to pay the bill so i cant authorize them to do anything also supposedly getting them to troubleshoot cost $ 

 

ive had no trouble connecting for 5 years, since 5 days ago i cant reach nexon.net or any of its sub sites like mabinogi.nexon.net or any of its game servers via steam or nexon launcher

 

 

im at a loss of what to do because i dont want to pay to use a vpn to play games i used to have no trouble playing with out one

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Splatacake said:

im not ip banned because i can sign into my account on the website just fine 

account has nothing to do with IP ban.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, manikyath said:

account has nothing to do with IP ban.

 

wouldnt the new ip get banned by sigining into an account that got an ip ban ?

 

and theres like no messages id gotten ip banned

 

i didnt even break any rules so i shouldn't have been banned  but i just wanted to rule out that ip ban wasnt the case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Splatacake said:

 

wouldnt the new ip get banned by sigining into an account that got an ip ban ?

 

and theres like no messages id gotten ip banned

 

i didnt even break any rules so i shouldn't have been banned  but i just wanted to rule out that ip ban wasnt the case

but there isnt (necessarily) any ties between an account and an IP address.

 

for as far as you, i, and the forum admins know it was <your internet enabled smart fridge> being part of a botnet that attacked the website that caused the ban.

 

(the <>'s is just an example..)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

but there isnt (necessarily) any ties between an account and an IP address.

 

for as far as you, i, and the forum admins know it was <your internet enabled smart fridge> being part of a botnet that attacked the website that caused the ban.

 

(the <>'s is just an example..)

what do i do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Splatacake said:

what do i do

sounds like a DNS issue on your end, or some form of IP ban on the opposite end.

 

if you havent already, restart the computer, restart your router, and if that fails manually configure a different DNS server.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, manikyath said:

sounds like a DNS issue on your end, or some form of IP ban on the opposite end.

 

if you havent already, restart the computer, restart your router, and if that fails manually configure a different DNS server.

how a different dns ? and what if that fails

 

and if its an ip ban what is the best way to appeal or confirm its an ip ban

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Splatacake said:

how a different dns ? and what if that fails

 

and if its an ip ban what is the best way to appeal or confirm its an ip ban

if it's an IP ban, any device with the same public IP address will show the same issue.

 

also, you're testing this with the same browser on all devices, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if it's an IP ban, any device with the same public IP address will show the same issue.

 

also, you're testing this with the same browser on all devices, right?

 

different browsers 

 

and tried setting everything to the same network

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Splatacake said:

 

different browsers 

 

and tried setting everything to the same network

Have you contacted nexon?
Ask them if the lack of connection has anything to do with them.
There's no point in trying everything you can think of if they are willing to tell you that "Yes, you have been IP banned because you 360 no-scopped Mr. 420."
You could instead appeal the ban and hope it gets lifted. However IP bans are not handed out like candy. It's normally a last ditch effort, or used for people with multiple accounts and have no shame in creating a new account to continue their bad behaviour.

It's not a race to the bottom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, 0x1e said:

Have you contacted nexon?
Ask them if the lack of connection has anything to do with them.
There's no point in trying everything you can think of if they are willing to tell you that "Yes, you have been IP banned because you 360 no-scopped Mr. 420."
You could instead appeal the ban and hope it gets lifted. However IP bans are not handed out like candy. It's normally a last ditch effort, or used for people with multiple accounts and have no shame in creating a new account to continue their bad behaviour.

 

but thats the thing, i havent broken any rules. i only have 1 account i main and a few alts which are allowed which ive used only a couple dozen times for free items which again isnt against the ToS or the rules of the game i play i also try to be as positive as posible to every player i meet online

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Splatacake said:

 

but thats the thing, i havent broken any rules. i only have 1 account i main and a few alts which are allowed which ive used only a couple dozen times for free items which again isnt against the ToS or the rules of the game i play i also try to be as positive as posible to every player i meet online

 

 

You shouldn't be pleading with me on these forums.
It's up-to Nexon. For all you know you haven't been IP banned (but it sounds like you have). It could be that there's a break somewhere between you and Nexon, which is very rare, but does happen. That would be up-to your ISP to fix.
However go with the simple option for now. Contact Nexon and tell them what's up and ask if it's because of something they have done.
If they haven't then come back and we can look at other options, if they have tho then mark this as solved as they will be the only people on the planet that can help you.

We could offer you temporary fixes but there's a chance they will just keep banning you, plus it's against this forums ToS to help someone by-pass an IP ban.

It's not a race to the bottom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×