wordpress - font-awesome icons only as a menu / fa icons as navigation labels

2018amdbuild
Go to solution Solved by 2018amdbuild,

resolve it - i had been using font-awesome classes in the navigation labels but had forgotten to use the corret prefix classes, as FA now uses far/fas/fab etc fir the prefix rather then the fa used previously e.g. <i class="far fa-caret-square-right"></i>, correct this and now I get font-awesome icons as links and part of the menu structure.

Hi all, I've been trying to get font-awesome icons to act as the links for a second menu I've made for a website im working on but have not been able to set the icons themselves as the links - I inserted by adding the font-awesome css handles as the custom-css for the links. Removing the text portion from the links hasn't helped, nor has replacing the link label with the html code for the FA icons. I need this to work and to work on a "back-end" menu, and not a menu list hard-coded in as I need it to be easily adjustable, I shold mention im using the latest FA version as well as the underscores _s bare bones theme. Any help would be appreciated.

Could you show us the html?

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

Just now, LUUD18 said:

Could you show us the html?

e.g. for the youtube link, for navigation label of the menu link I have

<i class="fa fa-youtube"></i>

did you want the html of anything specifically?

I guess what I'm looking for is to make the icons into navigation labels

edit - looking at the front end i notice the FA icons appear inside the li tags but BEFORE the a tag begins, if anyone has an idea of how to get them on the inside of the a tag that would also serve as a solution.

resolve it - i had been using font-awesome classes in the navigation labels but had forgotten to use the corret prefix classes, as FA now uses far/fas/fab etc fir the prefix rather then the fa used previously e.g. <i class="far fa-caret-square-right"></i>, correct this and now I get font-awesome icons as links and part of the menu structure.