£50 1050ti link on ebay is it a scam or worth it

Go to solution Solved by johnmoorehouse1992,

Thank you for all the responses, I'll leave the card alone now I have an idea what is wrong with post, thanks for educating me on this I'm really new to pc building still researching it all.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GTX1050TI-4G-GDDR5-128Bit-PCI-E-Video-Card-Dual-Fan-Game-Graphics-Card-7680x4320/332932190295?hash=item4d844e1057:g:IT8AAOSwAx9b--mH:rk:6:pf:0

found this graphics card I know nothing about computers other than this card should be at £150.00 please can any one advise me if it is worth buying or if its a scam as its imported from Hong Kong 

It's fake

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Thank you for the response guys, can any one explain to me what it is about this showing its a scam on the card apart from the ridiculously low price tag.

the guy is listed as a business seller with 98% positive feedback on 5k+ orders and has a 60 day return policy.

also ebay has a money back guarantee, so if you dont get the item or get a fake you can just have ebay refund you.

3 minutes ago, tJuggernaut29 said:

the guy is listed as a business seller with 98% positive feedback on 5k+ orders and has a 60 day return policy.

also ebay has a money back guarantee, so if you dont get the item or get a fake you can just have ebay refund you.

"IF"? Um. It IS fake. The image is a fake card. It's a sale of a fake card. Card is fake.

3 minutes ago, johnmoorehouse1992 said:

Thank you for the response guys, can any one explain to me what it is about this showing its a scam on the card apart from the ridiculously low price tag.

GTX 1050ti does not have a VGA out. Photos show a card that is a fake... as in, that is a manufactured fake. They get old 550s or similar, reflash the bios to SAY "1050" and put a new sticker/heatsink on. Also see CD and manual that come with it, also fakes.

It's such a poor fake, the only guarantee you get is it's a GPU... not working though, the bios flash will allow Windows to boot, but apon trying to get 1050 resources out of a 550, it will crash. XD

6 minutes ago, johnmoorehouse1992 said:

The card itself It's an older model from another card. You can see the Outputs from the back.

FAKE:

9e103a48afd492dae703b5b0f9c44399.png

REAL (MSI)

f596e94dcbd948367b82cddf400b91fe.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Thats what had me so confused on the graphics card as the seller seems to be legitimate looking at the sellers profile, It doesnt make any sense as I thought it was fake that their would have been some bad feedback or is it people cant tell its fake when theyve recieved it

So - If I'm wrong anyway point it out, but the actual PCI connection looks off and the boasted 7GHz memory frequency is a bit 00f, and I mean, those fans look like absolute shite anyway plus it says 'Graphics Card 7680x4320' which is a bit uhh... Not right :P 

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

The card itself It's an older model. You can see the Outputs from the back.

FAKE:

9e103a48afd492dae703b5b0f9c44399.png

REAL (MSI)

f596e94dcbd948367b82cddf400b91fe.png

Thats really usefull thanks for that helps me know what to look for

2 minutes ago, johnmoorehouse1992 said:

Thats what had me so confused on the graphics card as the seller seems to be legitimate looking at the sellers profile, It doesnt make any sense as I thought it was fake that their would have been some bad feedback or is it people cant tell its fake when theyve recieved it

There is no way to actually get fakes/fraud off Ebay and Amazon. Why? They take a cut either way. They make more money through partially letting it all go under the radar...

Actual 1050s/1050tis sell for a bit over £100, or £120 second hand. What to look for? Something that is priced right. If your expecting to get a 1050/1050ti for £50, your already delusional and almost past correcting. XD

1 minute ago, vK 3 1 RON said:

So - If I'm wrong anyway point it out, but the actual PCI connection looks off and the boasted 7GHz memory frequency is a bit 00f, and I mean, those fans look like absolute shite anyway plus it says 'Graphics Card 7680x4320' which is a bit uhh... Not right.

I have to admit on my current r9 380 I noticed this looks to be missing some kind of heat sink piping like my current card

And just noticed this too, the third image has a manual on it - with both the AMD and Nvidia logo (plus it's in Korean or some Asian language which I personally can't understand)

And the power cable is 2 molex (I think) to a 6 pin power cable... That might be how some graphics card actually get power but it made me throw up a little bit in my mouth xD

Just now, johnmoorehouse1992 said:

I have to admit on my current r9 380 I noticed this looks to be missing some kind of heat sink piping like my current card

Nothing to do with it. It's a real, almost working card. It's just a fake reflash of the bios. Fake box, fake manual, and fake stickers and ebay sale.

How to spot a scam? It's not the same as the real thing. Simple as. ;)

Thank you for all the responses, I'll leave the card alone now I have an idea what is wrong with post, thanks for educating me on this I'm really new to pc building still researching it all.