Is this a decent pc

Naxa

Hey, so im building a new pc with a budget of $1000

I'm gonna be casually gaming, overwatch, black ops 4, osu etc.

I currently have a 1050 and i7-4770 PC. (Which im planning to give my brother when i get this pc)

i gotta 144hz monitor already

and i was wondering if this is a good build (I plan to upgrade some parts like upgrade from the stock ryzen cooler further down the road)

faster ram, like 3000mhz or higher and it'll be great

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

It's a good pc but my advice to you is to get a faster memory cuz ryzen likes fast memory and benefits from it, get like a 3000MHz kit if you can

Just now, Naxa said:

would ram like this https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ybrcCJ/gskill-tridentz-rgb-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-f4-3200c16d-16gtzr be sufficient? I think i can fit it in the budget

yep, that ram is perfect

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

1 minute ago, lmeneses said:

yep, that ram is perfect

thanks for the help

17 minutes ago, Naxa said:

Hey, so im building a new pc with a budget of $1000

I'm gonna be casually gaming, overwatch, black ops 4, osu etc.

I currently have a 1050 and i7-4770 PC. (Which im planning to give my brother when i get this pc)

i gotta 144hz monitor already

and i was wondering if this is a good build (I plan to upgrade some parts like upgrade from the stock ryzen cooler further down the road)

Your PSU is a bit overkill, Go with a 650 gold PSU. The money you save on that spend a bit more money on 3200 g skill ripsaw 16gb or ram (only $10-$15) more.

17 minutes ago, Naxa said:

Build something like this instead...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($184.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($119.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial - BX500 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($37.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB GAMING Video Card  ($364.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($54.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $992.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-01-01 12:29 EST-0500

25 minutes ago, Naxa said:

AMD isn't Intel - going for the "X" stuff isn't really going to get you much of a performance benefit. Go non-X 2600 with a 450 chipset. Also faster ram could be tossed in with the savings.

If you're going single card, you could downsize the build and get a board with a built in wifi/blutooth module.

9 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

AMD isn't Intel - going for the "X" stuff isn't really going to get you much of a performance benefit. Go non-X 2600 with a 450 chipset. Also faster ram could be tossed in with the savings.

If you're going single card, you could downsize the build and get a board with a built in wifi/blutooth module.

something like this?

also i already have the barracuda 2tb hard drive, i just put it there to make sure it'd all be good. so that saves me like $60ish from the price shown

i removed the hard drive since i have it already and came up with this build instead (upgraded to 1070 ti)