Does this look like a good build?

AweSam

If it were me I'd dump the keyboard and mousepad in favour of a better monitor, you can get a 1440p 144Hz one for around $350 I'm sure, a 1080p monitor and a 1070 makes little sense.

2 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

If it were me I'd dump the keyboard and mousepad in favour of a better monitor, you can get a 1440p 144Hz one for around $350 I'm sure, a 1080p monitor and a 1070 makes little sense.

I will look into a better monitor. Thank you for the suggestion

It's a nice build. What are you planning on playing? I have a i5 8400 and a 1070 so we're kinda similar in gaming performance and honestly, for very demanding games like PUBG you can get 90-100 in 1080p ith a mix of high-medium settings  so i dont really see a point in 1440p unless you want to decrease settings to improve the framerate enough to make it worth it. On the other hand, if you play stuff like Overwatch, Rocket League or CSGO a 1070 can easily run those at 140 fps  so I would see more sense in getting a 1440p monitor. Is there any reason you're going for the 1600 instead of the 2600? The 2600 has a bit better gaming performance. I would go for it and skip the RBP mat to keep it at the same prize but that's just my 2 cents. 

6 minutes ago, Vapor3oN said:

It's a nice build. What are you planning on playing? I have a i5 8400 and a 1070 so we're kinda similar in gaming performance and honestly, for very demanding games like PUBG you can get 90-100 in 1080p ith a mix of high-medium settings  so i dont really see a point in 1440p unless you want to decrease settings to improve the framerate enough to make it worth it. On the other hand, if you play stuff like Overwatch, Rocket League or CSGO a 1070 can easily run those at 140 fps  so I would see more sense in getting a 1440p monitor. Is there any reason you're going for the 1600 instead of the 2600? The 2600 has a bit better gaming performance. I would go for it and skip the RBP mat to keep it at the same prize but that's just my 2 cents. 

Currently I play games such as Fortnite, Overwatch, and a bit of Terraria. To be honest I did not see the 2600 and it seems to be a similar price so I will swap that out. And for the rub mat that is for later down the line when I have a bit of extra money. As for the monitor what you are saying does make sense, and I will look into deciding if it is worth getting a better monitor since the majority of my games are on the less demanding side. Thank you for the response!

No point getting a 1440p monitor to play fast paced games. 1080p is the best for esports titles, so you can push high frame rates.

For slow paced scenic games like Skyrim it makes a lot of sense to go 1440p.

I was in this boat a few months ago and after all my reading I decided doing 1440p properly was way too expensive.

I got both my monitor and GPU for under £450 total! Paired up with an i5 8600 I have a great system for 1080p gaming:

1440p is probably worth it if you can afford it but it’s not worth making compromises for.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

1 hour ago, NIneEyeRon said:

No point getting a 1440p monitor to play fast paced games. 1080p is the best for esports titles, so you can push high frame rates.

For slow paced scenic games like Skyrim it makes a lot of sense to go 1440p.

I was in this boat a few months ago and after all my reading I decided doing 1440p properly was way too expensive.

I got both my monitor and GPU for under £450 total! Paired up with an i5 8600 I have a great system for 1080p gaming:

1440p is probably worth it if you can afford it but it’s not worth making compromises for.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I misunderstood some of the previous responses. Thanks for clearing it up.

1 hour ago, PurplDrank said:

Is this in the United States? If so I have a 2600x build thats almost just as much

Yes I am in the US. Someone else recommended a 2600 and I changed it. I guess the pcpartpicker doesn’t update when changes are made. I will put the new link now.

On 12/31/2018 at 9:37 AM, AweSam said:

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I misunderstood some of the previous responses. Thanks for clearing it up.

Yes I am in the US. Someone else recommended a 2600 and I changed it. I guess the pcpartpicker doesn’t update when changes are made. I will put the new link now.

Make sure the motherboard comes with a BIOS version that supports the 2600 or that you can somehow update it. :)