best 100 to 150$ case (USD)

HelloItsPersonalHD

Hey just going to build a new rig and im having trouble deciding what to buy ive already looked at the thor v2 and the nzxt phantom and neither interest me... any suggestions?

That was probably an opinion 

Define R4.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Corsair 750D. Personal experience, a treat to build in with a beautiful ID.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

+1 on Corsair C70. Solidly built case with easy cable management and lots of fan mounts.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

i would do a filtered search on newegg or some other i find cases to be personal opinion things so i recommend finding your own

I love Fractal but since almost everyone is going that route I'll say:

1.)500R

2.)C70

3.)Switch 810

4.)Colossus

5.)Air 540

6.)Ronin

7.)Source 530

8.)Shinobi

9.)Shinobi XL

Edit: This is in no particular order.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Are you water cooling? The switch 810 is great for that and looks good. Fractal as well

I personally like my Corsair C70 in gunmetal black, but if the more rugged look isn't for you then the R4 is really nice.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

in the corsair 750d do i need motherboard standoffs or do I just screw it in because it looks like theirs bumps where the standoffs would go

That was probably an opinion 

Are you looking only for full towers?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

in the corsair 750d do i need motherboard standoffs or do I just screw it in because it looks like theirs bumps where the standoffs would go

The purpose of standoffs are to separate the sensitive circuitry from making contact with the metal on the case since this can kill it. So, if the case already has some bumps, and there is NO contact between your mobos circuitry and the case, you'll be good.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hey just going to build a new rig and im having trouble deciding what to buy ive already looked at the thor v2 and the nzxt phantom and neither interest me... any suggestions?

Fractal: 

Fractal Design Define XL R2 Computer Case - Titanium

Define R4

NZXT:

Phantom (Normal ,410, 530)

H2

Corsair:

350D

Air 540

c70

Silverstone:

GD05, GD07

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

Define r4 is IMO the best for around that price range. People may say corsair 750d but... the 750d's build quality isn't that great. It's not cheap by any means, but its flimsy.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Define r4 is IMO the best for around that price range. People may say corsair 750d but... the 750d's build quality isn't that great. It's not cheap by any means, but its flimsy.

...How's it flimsy?

No you use included screws to screw the board into the bumps in the case. It's a great case.

...How's it flimsy?

as with all obsidian cases, theres alot of flex.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit