Which should I buy a PC or a Laptop

shyam11

I am looking to buy my first laptop/pc, I have previously been a console player since PS1, with many consoles along the way from psp to a 3ds and a PS3 and am now considering switching from my PS4 to a PC or a Laptop. I am 17 and will also use the system for studying but for the most part it will be used for gaming. I have a budget of £650 - £700. I was wondering if you guys could suggest any systems within that price range and suggest whether i should get a pc or a laptop. 

Many thanks

If you need to carry it round with you to work then a laptop but if you dont then just build a pc and plug it into a monitor as i dont think you need 144hz monitor with £650-£750 build as i just built mine for £900 and im getting like 120fps on fortnite and 110 on pubg

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3.2Ghz 

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC 

RAM: Team Vulcan DDR4 16GB (2x8GB)

GPU: Zoatac Gtx 1070 8GB 

Case: CoolerMaster Masterbox Lite 5 RGB

Storage: 2TB Toshiba HDD, 120GB WD Green SSD 

PSUGigabyte P650B 

Only get laptop if you really need portability

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Only get a laptop if you do a lot of traveling. Otherwise, desktop+smartphone should be enough.

Build your own desktop gaming pc its

Cheaper and you can upgrade it

What games do you play?

I play a lot of games, but I tend not to need a gaming rig to run Organ trail, Papers Please or Undertale. Computers that run those games can be found for free next to most dumpsters.

A bespoke gaming laptop might be a bit difficult to find new for 700 pounds/900 dollars.  You'd end up with a rather low end machine with only integrated graphics and no expandability.  Desktops offer more bang for the buck.

You can also pull the old "Buy a used Optiplex off eBay for pocket change, chuck in an SSD, up the RAM and get a mid-tier or last gen graphics card" trick, and you've got a perfectly serviceable gaming machine, with a lot of money left over for games.

5 hours ago, captain_aggravated said:

What games do you play?

I play a lot of games, but I tend not to need a gaming rig to run Organ trail, Papers Please or Undertale. Computers that run those games can be found for free next to most dumpsters.

A bespoke gaming laptop might be a bit difficult to find new for 700 pounds/900 dollars.  You'd end up with a rather low end machine with only integrated graphics and no expandability.  Desktops offer more bang for the buck.

You can also pull the old "Buy a used Optiplex off eBay for pocket change, chuck in an SSD, up the RAM and get a mid-tier or last gen graphics card" trick, and you've got a perfectly serviceable gaming machine, with a lot of money left over for games.

I tend to play more battle royale games such as balckout and I play quite abit of battlefield too