Feedback on PC temps

SuuuperFrankie

I recently bought a new PC. Ryzen 2600x, 1070ti, 16GB, B450, NH-D15 and 3 case fans. Got 1 HDD and 1 SDD. ATX case. When i was building it i tried to build it so it could keep temps down to allow Ryzen to overclock itself, main reason i put a big ass Noctua cooler in there. I dont know much about PCs so i wanted to ask people here to take a lot at the readings for HWMonitor and CoreTemp on the screenshot.

Again im totally inexperienced with PC hardware and software but if im reading them correctly it seems my temps are in fact very nice, better than i actually expected and low across the board, way below 60 celcius which i read is the throttling point for Ryzen CPUs. It idles at around 25-30 celcius generally and goes up to 40-50 when gaming for prolonged periods of time.

The screenshot was with Discord running, Firefox running with 4 tabs one of which was playing a livestream, Steam and PUBG running on high settings (it had been running for a few hours). I think i also had HWMonitor open and CoreTemps and possibly a music player.

Basically im just surprised at the low temps. Im not mis reading anything anywhere am i, after all im totally noob. Are these temps good considering the information i have mentioned, are they really good? Are they fairly average? As far as i can tell theyre excellent and thus im super happy with my purchase as keeping temps low was something i wanted.

cpu temp.png

3 minutes ago, SuuuperFrankie said:

I recently bought a new PC. Ryzen 2600x, 1070ti, 16GB, B450, NH-D15 and 3 case fans. Got 1 HDD and 1 SDD. ATX case. When i was building it i tried to build it so it could keep temps down to allow Ryzen to overclock itself, main reason i put a big ass Noctua cooler in there. I dont know much about PCs so i wanted to ask people here to take a lot at the readings for HWMonitor and CoreTemp on the screenshot.

Again im totally inexperienced with PC hardware and software but if im reading them correctly it seems my temps are in fact very nice, better than i actually expected and low across the board, way below 60 celcius which i read is the throttling point for Ryzen CPUs. It idles at around 25-30 celcius generally and goes up to 40-50 when gaming for prolonged periods of time.

The screenshot was with Discord running, Firefox running with 4 tabs one of which was playing a livestream, Steam and PUBG running on high settings (it had been running for a few hours). I think i also had HWMonitor open and CoreTemps and possibly a music player.

Basically im just surprised at the low temps. Im not mis reading anything anywhere am i, after all im totally noob. Are these temps good considering the information i have mentioned, are they really good? Are they fairly average? As far as i can tell theyre excellent and thus im super happy with my purchase as keeping temps low was something i wanted.

cpu temp.png

Temps are fine.

Ryzen cpu throttling at 60c ? Impossible. I don't know whats the max temp for ryzen before throttling but my guess would be around 100c like intel. there is absolutely no way a cpu temp limit would be 60c.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

Keep in mind that PUBG is not very cpu demanding. If you really want to test out your CPU temps with gaming session, try a 2-3 hours of Battlefield V and you will see your real temps

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

4 minutes ago, SuuuperFrankie said:

cpu temp.png

Also the fact you have discord, chrome with tabs opened while  you are in game, doesn't add up CPU workload/temps.

These background apps are just sitting in your RAM taking some RAM space, but since they are "idle" the cpu usage they are taking is verr very very small.

6 minutes ago, SuuuperFrankie said:

cpu temp.png

I am curious , what resolution is this ? 

1 hour ago, gbergeron said:

I am curious , what resolution is this ? 

I see, thanks for the replies, good to know some of that stuff. Ill try it out on a more intensive game. Any other recommendations for pushing the cpu to test the temps. I play at 1440p on a 27". The 60 celcius thing was something i read about the auto overclocking stuff in the ryzen cpu, think under 60 was a sweet spot. It can get much hotter but it will affect the auto overclock stuff iirc. Couldnt give you specifics haha. Glad theyre low because its winter right now so summer will be different story, have to see how that works out.

Edit: looking at your signature i believe we have the same monitor haha

9 hours ago, SuuuperFrankie said:

I see, thanks for the replies, good to know some of that stuff. Ill try it out on a more intensive game. Any other recommendations for pushing the cpu to test the temps. I play at 1440p on a 27". The 60 celcius thing was something i read about the auto overclocking stuff in the ryzen cpu, think under 60 was a sweet spot. It can get much hotter but it will affect the auto overclock stuff iirc. Couldnt give you specifics haha. Glad theyre low because its winter right now so summer will be different story, have to see how that works out.

Edit: looking at your signature i believe we have the same monitor haha

Don't worry about temps anymore. Yours are very good. I have similar idles, but higher temps after 2-3 hours of battlefield V. Mines goes up to 70ish

Basically around 60 is awesome around 70 is good around 80 is starting to be the max you should go

You're far from that. Sit back, play. Enjoy !

Nice ! This monitor I just bought at boxing day, was 300$ off ! I am in Canada and it usually go for 750$. I got it at 450$ was an awesome deal. At this time, it's back at 750$.

hehe :) 

9 hours ago, gbergeron said:

Don't worry about temps anymore. Yours are very good. I have similar idles, but higher temps after 2-3 hours of battlefield V. Mines goes up to 70ish

Basically around 60 is awesome around 70 is good around 80 is starting to be the max you should go

You're far from that. Sit back, play. Enjoy !

Nice ! This monitor I just bought at boxing day, was 300$ off ! I am in Canada and it usually go for 750$. I got it at 450$ was an awesome deal. At this time, it's back at 750$.

hehe :) 

Hahah i picked mine up on sale too. It was the cheapest of the 27" TN G Sync monitors so id been keeping my eye on it. Its a pleasure to play on.

I had a suspicion that the temps were fantastic but i wasnt sure if i was misreading or missing something important. Glad that the time and money i spent to make a gaming setup that runs nice and cold worked out. Im super happy with it. :) Happy new year btw!