monitor with 144hz 1440p for laptop gtx 1060 3gb

thesoulkeeper

hello, I've been lately searching to upgrade my 27" 60hz IPS  1080p LG monitor to one that has 27" 144 hz, IPS (or VA) panel with 1440p (2k), but there are so many questions that come to my mind that i dont know which monitor fits my pc better.

I have a laptop, an msi with a GTX 1060 3gb, and an hdmi 1,4. with NO DISPLAY PORT, and my questions are:

1. with my current laptop, is it hopeless to buy a monitor with a refresh rate of 144 hz and 1440p? i mean, i know i can run till 2k with hdmi 1.4, but with my grafic card, i barely can reach 70 frames on actual games in hihg mode( maybe i'm mixing concepts between fps and refresh rate (hz).

2. does it make so much difference an IPS panel instead of a VA panel? or should i give an opportunity to a TN monitor too?

3. is it stupid to buy a monitor with freesync thats meant to be played with an AMD grafic card? Or will it work equally well if I have an NVIDIA graphics card?? all monitors wiyth g-sync i've seen are really expensive.

4. there are lots of options in the market wright now, as the MSI Optix MPG27CQ, the AOC Agon AG271QX, the Acer Nitro VG270UP, and all of them have more or less the same technical aspects, but thhey're really expensive. 

any tips or advice?? thanks for helping! and sorry for my bad english.

Just now, thesoulkeeper said:

1. with my current laptop, is it hopeless to buy a monitor with a refresh rate of 144 hz and 1440p? i mean, i know i can run till 2k with hdmi 1.4, but with my grafic card, i barely can reach 70 frames on actual games in hihg mode( maybe i'm mixing concepts between fps and refresh rate (hz).

2. does it make so much difference an IPS panel instead of a VA panel? or should i give an opportunity to a TN monitor too?

3. is it stupid to buy a monitor with freesync thats meant to be played with an AMD grafic card? Or will it work equally well if I have an NVIDIA graphics card?? all monitors wiyth g-sync i've seen are really expensive.

4. there are lots of options in the market wright now, as the MSI Optix MPG27CQ, the AOC Agon AG271QX, the Acer Nitro VG270UP, and all of them have more or less the same technical aspects, but thhey're really expensive. 

1. gsync will help you, but at that pricepoint a new tower might be better...

2. not really, a bit worse white and better blacks, that's normally about it

3. freesync works with amd only...

4. true, a gsync module is about 100 bucks to buy from nvidia...

Don't bother with the GTX 1060.......

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

sooo, i can see i'm running on a slow pc. and better buy a new one made by parts. 

also thanks *lukesavenije and *Constantine for the answer. appreciate

Just now, thesoulkeeper said:

sooo, i can see i'm running on a slow pc. and better buy a new one made by parts.

One step at a time look at your needs and go on

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

With 1060 3GB, forget about 1440p even at 60Hz

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow