Oreo Multitasking not working?

redsquirrel0249

Just got a moto G6 recently on Amazon unlocked and moved it to Sprint, and with 3 GB of RAM, I expected to multitask rather competently, but when I do things as simple as log into an app, then switch to my email to check the verifcation code, then switch back, the screen to enter the verifcation code has been reset back to the default start login. This clearly would loop if I attempted it again, preventing me from logging into apps via email verifcation codes.

What gives? Clearly this application of multitasking isn't demanding, and I've done it on Apple devices and devices much older, yet this device won't have any of it. Is there something simple I'm missing in settings, or is this a flaw with the specific program? Maybe it's the device itself? Any feedback is appreciated.

Did you try this "Test" with a few other apps?

For example, the Game Simpsons Springfield does not work with multitasking at all. I have a 8gb Ram Phone, and when i just go to the Homescreen, and back to the game (like, literaly NO other app), it has to "reload", or re-log.

While for example Final fantasy Record Keeper stays loaded AND logged in.

If I recall correctly the G6 had a lot of RAM managment issues at the start. Seems like those haven't been resolved.