Weird printing behaviour

Tad Bittoomuch

I have an out-of-warranty canon Pixma MX926 that has started to have issues with printing, whereby text appears blurry and is unreadable. 

This has happened gradually over the past few months - at first printed text was slightly blurry but still readable, but now there are jagged white sections in the middle of the page and pictures are misaligned.

I am wondering if anyone else has had similar issues (with any model of printer), and if you fixed it, how?

In the attached image is an example of what I'm talking about.  On the left is a scan of part of an original document, while on the right is a photocopy of the same piece of paper.  This rules out an issue with the scanner as the piece of paper wasn't moved between taking a scan and taking a photocopy.

Any help is appreciated :)

(Also I'm willing to disassemble the printer if anyone has a PDF outlining exactly how one does that)

Untitled.jpg

Have you tried a print head alignment?

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

I tried your suggestion and immediately it spits out this error:

Support Code 5100:

Printer Error has occurred.  Follow the steps below:

1. Cancel printing, then turn the device off.
  2. Remove any foreign objects from the paper output slot, rear side and inside of the device.
  3. Make sure the ink tanks or ink cartridges are installed correctly.
  4. Turn the device on again.  If problem persists, see the manual and contact the service centre.

Ahh yeah now this is why it would be good to take it apart, however I haven't managed to get any useful support from Canon Australia aside from "take it to one of our authorised service centres"