G-SYNC Feedback

Yes the monitors pre-fitted with G-Sync will have their usual menu.

Damn, I'll have to buy a new one then... I hoped to avoid that.

144Hz goodness

The G-Sync DYI kit is only for the Asus VG248QE and will be available in "early January" if interested.

FYI fellas, you can purchase the DIY kit from the US nvidia store now.  i ordered mine today, overnighted for $240 bucks.  should be here tomorrow and ill have it installed after work.  very exciting.

• 3 weeks later...

I should have mentioned this earlier, not sure if I'm the only one, but before modding the monitor, you used to get an orange led on your power button that indicated that the monitor was on stand by after the computer was shut down which was nice during the night. However, after modding it, it stays blue during stand by. That being said, I ran into a situation, for the second time just now, where I would turn off the monitor and upon turning it back on I would receive the "No Input Detected" prompter which would stay frozen on the screen unless you reboot. The monitor does display my computer because the computer is indeed detected but the prompter is just frozen on the screen. Unplugging/plugging the power cord of the monitor would have been a solution but it seems that windows sometimes doesn't detect the monitor after doing so.

EDIT: Rewording.

now if only there was "Mantle-Sync". the best of both worlds. mantle helps you get above that 35FPS bracket and g-sync smooths it out like soft butter on banana bread. mmmmmmm.

Food comparisons aside, maybe nvidia will have it in their generous hearts to give g-sync to AMD and also to take up AMD's offer of mantle. oh well.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Is tearing really that big of an issue? Just turn up your graphics settings till your fps is close to your refresh rate. imo gsync is just a glorified big fat nothing to get you to buy nvidia cards and new monitors.

Is tearing really that big of an issue? Just turn up your graphics settings till your fps is close to your refresh rate. imo gsync is just a glorified big fat nothing to get you to buy nvidia cards and new monitors.

Your solution is retarded. And yes tearing is a huge problem, it's so jarring and obvious in most games.

Not only does G-Sync remove tearing but it smooths out low fps so it's harder to notice your fps spiking downwards and get a smoother experience with a less powerful GPU.

now if only there was "Mantle-Sync". the best of both worlds. mantle helps you get above that 35FPS bracket

Assuming there is more hardware support for "FreeSync" in the future it would perform much of the same functions. But companies arent going to support it unless people demand it as it is something extra. They already have support for it in their past two generation cards at least (from what ive heard) so you just need a monitor that has the VESA standard to use it.

And yes i know that the g-sync module does more than just that, but i refuse to upgrade my graphics card and all my screens in order to use a proprietary display system. I dont care how good it is i refuse to support nvidia for that choice.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Assuming there is more hardware support for "FreeSync" in the future it would perform much of the same functions. But companies arent going to support it unless people demand it as it is something extra. They already have support for it in their past two generation cards at least (from what ive heard) so you just need a monitor that has the VESA standard to use it.

And yes i know that the g-sync module does more than just that, but i refuse to upgrade my graphics card and all my screens in order to use a proprietary display system. I dont care how good it is i refuse to support nvidia for that choice.

yeah, same here man. I should be able to buy a g-sync monitor and use it with my AMD card if I want that experience. I am really sick of these closed ecosystem attitudes some of these companies have.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270